Intension intro
Right In Two

Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Melt Banana)
Vicarious

Definately an interesting show.

MELT BANANA:

Not my cup of tea. I'm not going to rip them or be down-right cruel as some of the crowd was toward them (yelling and booing them) but I will say that their kind of music just seems to be a little too annoying, I found myself getting more irritated by the minute with their set. It's just too over the top, kind of like if you put Linkin Park, Motley Crue and Isis in a blender and put it on "liquefy". But they are artists trying to make it big and I respect that.

THE CROWD:

I have to say that I was disappointed with the crowd. I had lower bowl seats parallel to the sound booth and only two or three people moved or showed any enthusiasm whatsoever. It was also irritating to be in front of three or four drunken jackasses making cat calls at every female that walked past. I felt particularly bad for the twelve year old girl wearing the glowing belt that got verbally assaulted by these retards, way to ruin what was probably her first Tool show you drunken fucks.

It didn't help matters when some mongoloid threw what looked to be a CD onto the stage during "Stinkfist" which pissed off Maynard. He said something to the effect of "it would be nice if the lead singer could sing for you...fuckers". And then he changed the ending lyrics of "Wings for Marie" to "no flash photography please, no flash photography...please, NO flash photography".

TOOL:

Jambi:

Good opener, good energy. Seemed to flow better than Chicago last year. "Good evening" uttered Maynard. (-) ions played for 30 or so seconds, and electric arcs scrolled left to right on the projection screens.

Stinkfist:

Great energy as well, had the extended bridge and intro sample just before the "I'll keep digging part".

Forty-Six & 2:

Started with Adam's keyboard intro and gradually worked up to Danny's superhuman drum solo...so amazing to see live.

Schism:

Had the guitar intro and double time middle. Seems Adam had a little trouble coming back in after the double time but it wasn't that noticeable.

Lost Keys:

Was longer than Chicago, seems Justin took more time "adjusting" his bass to make the right noise.

Rosetta Stoned:

Excellent visuals but this time it seemed a little looser than I remember. Maynard still rushes the first two lines and has to wait for the song to catch up and he didn't do any of the screaming parts, oh well, still pretty good.

Right In Two:

I initially was somewhat let down when I saw Adam kept his guitar (he changes guitars for "Pushit") so I knew "Flood" and "Pushit" wouldn't be. Though "Right In Two" is so much better than I thought it would be. It starts off very subtle and chugs along to this powerful ending, very nice.

Wings 1 and 2:

As usual the audience would NOT shut up. Couldn't hear much of "Wings" but "10,000 Days" was pretty audible. Would have been nice if the idiots would have listened to Maynard's no flash photography request the first time so he wouldn't have to repeat it during "Wings" and then not finish singing the lyrics to "10,000 Days". The lasers were phenominal though, excellent work on behalf of the lighting tech.

Lateralus:

That is what I am talking about! That song is always epic and it finally got the crowd going. Melt Banana came out during the middle and Danny let loose on his kit. During this time Maynard and the Melt Banana lead singer played cards on his platform, it was pretty funny. Then when it was time for Maynard to come back in he just kind of looked around and kept playing cards for a little while longer.

Vicarious:

Not my favorite song but it actually rocked really hard. It actually is a decent closer. The lasers also seemed the most elaborate during this song as well.

I got the setlist thanks to Tool's "Secret Serial Killer", though I had to bribe the guard to let me get onto the floor to get it, I'll post a scan of it up later today or tomorrow.
Thanks "you fucking serial killer, one day they'll find the bodies and it'll all be over".

Here's a scan of the setlist:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...20_setlist.jpg

To wrap all of this up:

Despite the shitty crowd the band was pretty much spot on as usual. Tight performances by all four of them. The visuals (projection screens, lights, lasers) were breath-taking (I found myself in a trance during "10,000 Days" just watching them) so it was a great experience. Hopefully the crowd in Chicago will be as good as they were last year so the band can do what they do best...rock hard.

Last edited by Maz46&2; 06-21-2007 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: got an hour of sleep, REAL tired
Old 06-21-2007, 03:33 AM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/20 - Peoria, IL - Peoria Civic Center

Jambi
(-) ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right In Two

Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Melt Banana)
Vicarious

Definately an interesting show.

MELT BANANA:

Not my cup of tea. I'm not going to rip them or be down-right cruel as some of the crowd was toward them (yelling and booing them) but I will say that their kind of music just seems to be a little too annoying, I found myself getting more irritated by the minute with their set. It's just too over the top, kind of like if you put Linkin Park, Motley Crue and Isis in a blender and put it on "liquefy". But they are artists trying to make it big and I respect that.

THE CROWD:

I have to say that I was disappointed with the crowd. I had lower bowl seats parallel to the sound booth and only two or three people moved or showed any enthusiasm whatsoever. It was also irritating to be in front of three or four drunken jackasses making cat calls at every female that walked past. I felt particularly bad for the twelve year old girl wearing the glowing belt that got verbally assaulted by these retards, way to ruin what was probably her first Tool show you drunken fucks.

It didn't help matters when some mongoloid threw what looked to be a CD onto the stage during "Stinkfist" which pissed off Maynard. He said something to the effect of "it would be nice if the lead singer could sing for you...fuckers". And then he changed the ending lyrics of "Wings for Marie" to "no flash photography please, no flash photography...please, NO flash photography".

TOOL:

Jambi:

Good opener, good energy. Seemed to flow better than Chicago last year. "Good evening" uttered Maynard. (-) ions played for 30 or so seconds, and electric arcs scrolled left to right on the projection screens.

Stinkfist:

Great energy as well, had the extended bridge and intro sample just before the "I'll keep digging part".

Forty-Six & 2:

Started with Adam's keyboard intro and gradually worked up to Danny's superhuman drum solo...so amazing to see live.

Schism:

Had the guitar intro and double time middle. Seems Adam had a little trouble coming back in after the double time but it wasn't that noticeable.

Lost Keys:

Was longer than Chicago, seems Justin took more time "adjusting" his bass to make the right noise.

Rosetta Stoned:

Excellent visuals but this time it seemed a little looser than I remember. Maynard still rushes the first two lines and has to wait for the song to catch up and he didn't do any of the screaming parts, oh well, still pretty good.

Right In Two:

I initially was somewhat let down when I saw Adam kept his guitar (he changes guitars for "Pushit") so I knew "Flood" and "Pushit" wouldn't be. Though "Right In Two" is so much better than I thought it would be. It starts off very subtle and chugs along to this powerful ending, very nice.

Wings 1 and 2:

As usual the audience would NOT shut up. Couldn't hear much of "Wings" but "10,000 Days" was pretty audible. Would have been nice if the idiots would have listened to Maynard's no flash photography request the first time so he wouldn't have to repeat it during "Wings" and then not finish singing the lyrics to "10,000 Days". The lasers were phenominal though, excellent work on behalf of the lighting tech.

Lateralus:

That is what I am talking about! That song is always epic and it finally got the crowd going. Melt Banana came out during the middle and Danny let loose on his kit. During this time Maynard and the Melt Banana lead singer played cards on his platform, it was pretty funny. Then when it was time for Maynard to come back in he just kind of looked around and kept playing cards for a little while longer.

Vicarious:

Not my favorite song but it actually rocked really hard. It actually is a decent closer. The lasers also seemed the most elaborate during this song as well.

I got the setlist thanks to Tool's "Secret Serial Killer", though I had to bribe the guard to let me get onto the floor to get it, I'll post a scan of it up later today or tomorrow.
Thanks "you fucking serial killer, one day they'll find the bodies and it'll all be over".

Here's a scan of the setlist:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...20_setlist.jpg

To wrap all of this up:

Despite the shitty crowd the band was pretty much spot on as usual. Tight performances by all four of them. The visuals (projection screens, lights, lasers) were breath-taking (I found myself in a trance during "10,000 Days" just watching them) so it was a great experience. Hopefully the crowd in Chicago will be as good as they were last year so the band can do what they do best...rock hard.

Last edited by Maz46&2; 06-21-2007 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: got an hour of sleep, REAL tired
OFFLINE |