View Single Post
Benjees82
06-20-2007, 04:45 PM

A couple things I failed to mention before when I was drunk/high/dead tired. The sound where I was (Very top row of Sec 16, I was the dude in a Jimmy Hendrix T that couldn't sit down) was perfect. Maynard's vocals came through great, except for a few times when the sheer volume of the music sort of overwhelmed the entire venue, but in a good way.

The security was great. I didn't see any at all. The joints were floating around freely where I was for a bit. I was very glad to see that they weren't intent on fucking up the show for everyone. I had heard some horror stories about security from other places, but they didn't fuck with anyone around me at all.

Once at the beginning of the show, I began to reach for my camera phone to snap a shot or 2 (flass off of course) but decided to just leave it. I didn't want to take my eyes off the stage for even a second, afraid I may miss something.

The crowd's energy was absolutely sensational. I am so incredibly sore today from just dancing around a bit and banging my head all night (not from moshing). I couldn't sit still. My body had a mind of its own, swaying and rocking with every hit on Danny's drums. As the beginning to Vicarious began, and we got our little thank you before it, my eyes began to tear up. I knew it was about to be over. I sang every word of it along with half of the fans. As it came to its inevitable ending, and the huge spotlights engulfed the sea of crazed screaming fans, with their arms held high, a big smile came over my face. I looked over the crowd with an incredible sense of joy and pride for the people who had experienced this night with me. I met nothing but great people. I'm sure there were a few jackasses running about, but that's gonna happen anywhere.

The show was overwhelming. During Lateralus, my new friend leaned to me and said, "This is the Zeppelin of our era." He is so right. Tool is the best band in the world today hands down. Enjoy them while you can. I know I will. Just today, I bought a couple tickets for Chicago, which I plan to take my little brother to. I can't wait. I hope the show inspires him in the way Cedar Rapids did for me. Thank you again Cedar Rapids, I had a truly great night. And Thank You TOOL!!! I can't wait til next Wednesday!!! Peace out.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/19 - Cedar Rapids, IA - US Cellular Center

A couple things I failed to mention before when I was drunk/high/dead tired. The sound where I was (Very top row of Sec 16, I was the dude in a Jimmy Hendrix T that couldn't sit down) was perfect. Maynard's vocals came through great, except for a few times when the sheer volume of the music sort of overwhelmed the entire venue, but in a good way.

The security was great. I didn't see any at all. The joints were floating around freely where I was for a bit. I was very glad to see that they weren't intent on fucking up the show for everyone. I had heard some horror stories about security from other places, but they didn't fuck with anyone around me at all.

Once at the beginning of the show, I began to reach for my camera phone to snap a shot or 2 (flass off of course) but decided to just leave it. I didn't want to take my eyes off the stage for even a second, afraid I may miss something.

The crowd's energy was absolutely sensational. I am so incredibly sore today from just dancing around a bit and banging my head all night (not from moshing). I couldn't sit still. My body had a mind of its own, swaying and rocking with every hit on Danny's drums. As the beginning to Vicarious began, and we got our little thank you before it, my eyes began to tear up. I knew it was about to be over. I sang every word of it along with half of the fans. As it came to its inevitable ending, and the huge spotlights engulfed the sea of crazed screaming fans, with their arms held high, a big smile came over my face. I looked over the crowd with an incredible sense of joy and pride for the people who had experienced this night with me. I met nothing but great people. I'm sure there were a few jackasses running about, but that's gonna happen anywhere.

The show was overwhelming. During Lateralus, my new friend leaned to me and said, "This is the Zeppelin of our era." He is so right. Tool is the best band in the world today hands down. Enjoy them while you can. I know I will. Just today, I bought a couple tickets for Chicago, which I plan to take my little brother to. I can't wait. I hope the show inspires him in the way Cedar Rapids did for me. Thank you again Cedar Rapids, I had a truly great night. And Thank You TOOL!!! I can't wait til next Wednesday!!! Peace out.
OFFLINE |