View Single Post
TOOL_Rules
06-19-2007, 06:19 PM

Erkee, we were in the row in front of you, albeit at the other end. They sure were great seats and I liked the venue a lot. It sounded very good and Maynard could always be louder, but it didn't detract from the great show. Cape will never see anything like that again and I thought the crowd was fairly responsive for folks that have never experienced anything like a TOOL show. Given that they were 24 hours removed from what I am sure was a draining (KILLER) set at Bonnaroo, it was very much an excellent night. The show is incredible and, even though we didn't get Flood or Pushit or Swamp Song or Aenema, it was still a kick ass two-hour show in the middle of nowhere Missouri (Columbia must have not had a venues available for them?). Danny is a monster as always, Maynard was very much into it (he had some funny lines as already stated in other reviews), Adam was as focused as I have ever seen him and Justin is just....well the best bass player they could have ever recruited as Paul's replacement. Awesome show, 6th one on this tour, 15th overall I believe dating back to 1993, and they just keep getting better. How is that possible? Can't wait for a movie, live DVD, or whatever is next. Because there is definitely more to come. My bet is sooner than 2011. Peace TOOL, thanks for another great show, and see you in St. Louis on Friday with 20K screaming fans ready to inspire the shit out of you.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/16 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Show Me Center

Erkee, we were in the row in front of you, albeit at the other end. They sure were great seats and I liked the venue a lot. It sounded very good and Maynard could always be louder, but it didn't detract from the great show. Cape will never see anything like that again and I thought the crowd was fairly responsive for folks that have never experienced anything like a TOOL show. Given that they were 24 hours removed from what I am sure was a draining (KILLER) set at Bonnaroo, it was very much an excellent night. The show is incredible and, even though we didn't get Flood or Pushit or Swamp Song or Aenema, it was still a kick ass two-hour show in the middle of nowhere Missouri (Columbia must have not had a venues available for them?). Danny is a monster as always, Maynard was very much into it (he had some funny lines as already stated in other reviews), Adam was as focused as I have ever seen him and Justin is just....well the best bass player they could have ever recruited as Paul's replacement. Awesome show, 6th one on this tour, 15th overall I believe dating back to 1993, and they just keep getting better. How is that possible? Can't wait for a movie, live DVD, or whatever is next. Because there is definitely more to come. My bet is sooner than 2011. Peace TOOL, thanks for another great show, and see you in St. Louis on Friday with 20K screaming fans ready to inspire the shit out of you.