Stinkfist (Ext.)
46&2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys/ Rosetta Stoned
Right in two
Wings 1 & 2
Lateralus (Ext. w/ melt banana)
Vicarious

I think this is the right set list. Could be wrong order. I walked in as Melt Banana was doing their last song. I didn't like them and I got a feeling all their other songs sounded pretty much as bad as the last one.
The crowd was surprisingly great! No fights or disturbances as far as I could see, very respectful to the band. I had 8th row floor at Justin's end.
Maynard made fun of Cape Girardeau saying "I don't know where the fuck I am......(looked at piece of paper)..... Cape Girardeau....... I'm still looking for an ocean". Later on he said good bye and made a point of needing to look at the paper again. When melt banana left the stage Maynard said each of their names and said one of them must still be stoned from Bonnaroo.
The vocals were mixed WAY down, which must be intentional as a lot of other reviews say the same thing. I like them being down on the album a little bit, but he still sounds great and should probably turn it up a little.
The guys from melt banana came out during Lateralus and did their thing. Was actually impressed with what they added, as Danny and their drummer went back and forth with drum fills.
The roadies setting up the stage between songs were dressed in surgical uniforms and masks.
The last thing I expected to like was the lasers, but they were good and added just the right ambience for the songs.
As far as how the band played they were very good. The timing on a few songs missed a measure or two, but only for a second, barely noticeable. Maynard went through the first part of Rosetta Stoned so fast there was a lot of time left over before the changes, but i'm not gonna complain about it. The last verse of Vicarious he held the mic out to the crowd up until "Much better you than I" which he sang himself.
Reading reviews this tour I've thought they should probably throw in another song, maybe something short from opiate or undertow, but being there, I really would have felt bad asking them to do another song. Of course the more the better, but they give you your money's worth no doubt about it. Gonna see them next weekend in St. Louis. Hoping for pushit or Aenima. Interested to see how the show will change in a larger venue.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 42
Re: 2007/06/16 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Show Me Center

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ext.)
46&2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys/ Rosetta Stoned
Right in two
Wings 1 & 2
Lateralus (Ext. w/ melt banana)
Vicarious

I think this is the right set list. Could be wrong order. I walked in as Melt Banana was doing their last song. I didn't like them and I got a feeling all their other songs sounded pretty much as bad as the last one.
The crowd was surprisingly great! No fights or disturbances as far as I could see, very respectful to the band. I had 8th row floor at Justin's end.
Maynard made fun of Cape Girardeau saying "I don't know where the fuck I am......(looked at piece of paper)..... Cape Girardeau....... I'm still looking for an ocean". Later on he said good bye and made a point of needing to look at the paper again. When melt banana left the stage Maynard said each of their names and said one of them must still be stoned from Bonnaroo.
The vocals were mixed WAY down, which must be intentional as a lot of other reviews say the same thing. I like them being down on the album a little bit, but he still sounds great and should probably turn it up a little.
The guys from melt banana came out during Lateralus and did their thing. Was actually impressed with what they added, as Danny and their drummer went back and forth with drum fills.
The roadies setting up the stage between songs were dressed in surgical uniforms and masks.
The last thing I expected to like was the lasers, but they were good and added just the right ambience for the songs.
As far as how the band played they were very good. The timing on a few songs missed a measure or two, but only for a second, barely noticeable. Maynard went through the first part of Rosetta Stoned so fast there was a lot of time left over before the changes, but i'm not gonna complain about it. The last verse of Vicarious he held the mic out to the crowd up until "Much better you than I" which he sang himself.
Reading reviews this tour I've thought they should probably throw in another song, maybe something short from opiate or undertow, but being there, I really would have felt bad asking them to do another song. Of course the more the better, but they give you your money's worth no doubt about it. Gonna see them next weekend in St. Louis. Hoping for pushit or Aenima. Interested to see how the show will change in a larger venue.
OFFLINE |