View Single Post
rydthespiral
06-07-2007, 12:58 PM

2nd Tool show.....first post on this site....

I was scared going into the show. It wasn't totally because of the gestapo event staff at the doors, but because I didn't want to be let down. I now realize that not only was I not disappointed, but that this show also surpassed the show I saw them play in september in DC.

Total mind-fuck.

Greatest concert of my life.

The visuals were far improved from the first leg of the tour and were just mesmermizing. Seeing Maynard dance around Saturn and ride the bull on a lava pool was, well.....stupifying.

Lateralus was then and always will be the highlight for me and the jam in the bridge only made it more so. Still the greatest song ever played.

Danny could be the greatest actor known to man. If he honestly had an injury that hampering and can still manage to be one of the most prodigeous drummers of the era night after night, then he's either fond of practical jokes or a metaphysical entity.

It's just a weird thing, to go to a Tool show. Even in the heaviest moments of the night ( like the intro to Stinkfist), I could look around and see couples in mid-embrace and people sitting quietly, almost in a trance. It's stuff like that which makes me certain that there's no one else in the world like Tool. No matter what their future is, I can at least say I've seen the Pink Floyd of our era twice.

Greenville got rocked. In a big way.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/05 - Greenville, SC - Bi-Lo Center

2nd Tool show.....first post on this site....

I was scared going into the show. It wasn't totally because of the gestapo event staff at the doors, but because I didn't want to be let down. I now realize that not only was I not disappointed, but that this show also surpassed the show I saw them play in september in DC.

Total mind-fuck.

Greatest concert of my life.

The visuals were far improved from the first leg of the tour and were just mesmermizing. Seeing Maynard dance around Saturn and ride the bull on a lava pool was, well.....stupifying.

Lateralus was then and always will be the highlight for me and the jam in the bridge only made it more so. Still the greatest song ever played.

Danny could be the greatest actor known to man. If he honestly had an injury that hampering and can still manage to be one of the most prodigeous drummers of the era night after night, then he's either fond of practical jokes or a metaphysical entity.

It's just a weird thing, to go to a Tool show. Even in the heaviest moments of the night ( like the intro to Stinkfist), I could look around and see couples in mid-embrace and people sitting quietly, almost in a trance. It's stuff like that which makes me certain that there's no one else in the world like Tool. No matter what their future is, I can at least say I've seen the Pink Floyd of our era twice.

Greenville got rocked. In a big way.
OFFLINE |