View Single Post
Freshspence
06-05-2007, 09:13 PM

I love Greenville. in '02 I catch a drumstick and tonight I get Flood and the first time MJK has sang the final part of Vicarious in what seems like ages.

sat in upper levels tonight in order to see the visuals on the stage itself. last night in duluth i was down low with no view of stage itself (just the 6 video screens) so tonight i wanted a different perspective. sound wasnt near as good from where i was tonight (bass drowned out the clarity of the vocals) but crystal clear sound from the drums - seems wierd but i dont claim to understand acoustics. i couldnt understand any of maynard's opening quote, but he did seem to get more chatty to the end, and the previous poster got the sayings correct.

one other note, MJK left during the drum off and was late to return, so the boys had to fart around for about 45 seconds or so until he returned, at which point they seemlessly picked right back up and finshed lateralus strong as hell. I still wish they would move that back to the finale as in 01 and 02, but thats just my opinion.

anyway, may post more later, but so far i would say im 4-4 in my shows this tour. vegas 1 & 2 rocked for the venue and being tour openers (plus swamp song doesnt hurt). duluth got me Pushit and G-ville got me Flood and MJK finally belting out the vicarious finale. i hope winston-salem next week gives me something special (in 02 I got 3rd Eye in W-S - a man can dream, cant he).
Old 06-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/05 - Greenville, SC - Bi-Lo Center

I love Greenville. in '02 I catch a drumstick and tonight I get Flood and the first time MJK has sang the final part of Vicarious in what seems like ages.

sat in upper levels tonight in order to see the visuals on the stage itself. last night in duluth i was down low with no view of stage itself (just the 6 video screens) so tonight i wanted a different perspective. sound wasnt near as good from where i was tonight (bass drowned out the clarity of the vocals) but crystal clear sound from the drums - seems wierd but i dont claim to understand acoustics. i couldnt understand any of maynard's opening quote, but he did seem to get more chatty to the end, and the previous poster got the sayings correct.

one other note, MJK left during the drum off and was late to return, so the boys had to fart around for about 45 seconds or so until he returned, at which point they seemlessly picked right back up and finshed lateralus strong as hell. I still wish they would move that back to the finale as in 01 and 02, but thats just my opinion.

anyway, may post more later, but so far i would say im 4-4 in my shows this tour. vegas 1 & 2 rocked for the venue and being tour openers (plus swamp song doesnt hurt). duluth got me Pushit and G-ville got me Flood and MJK finally belting out the vicarious finale. i hope winston-salem next week gives me something special (in 02 I got 3rd Eye in W-S - a man can dream, cant he).
OFFLINE |