View Single Post
sam959
05-27-2007, 07:38 PM

2nd show. great. Can't believe they did Pushit. I wanted to hear it so bad I was completely ready for them to not play it.

I was in 201, was a bit disappointed by the sound being pretty low (yes, I know it's outdoors). I kept hearing all the idiots around me chatter stupidly and screaming "Hell Yeah!" during pivotal moments of a song. I never heard anyone around me in the tiny arena I was at last time. I can only imagine how low the sound was in the top section.

Overall, what a great fucking concert. Rosetta Stoned just kills live. I love it more each time I hear it. Wings isn't good live. Too many of the kiddies at the concert have a 2 minute attention span (the average time of a song on a top40 radio station that they probably won their tickets from) and the entire place just loses interest during the buildup. Oh well, their loss.

On a related note, this concert just confirmed what I already suspected: I don't like other people. Not all of you, just most of you. I can't stand crowded places like concerts. I guess some people get this 'good vibe' from a bunch of people listening to tool. It's the opposite for me. I don't care how into the music you are. Most of you are ugly, loud, fat, smelly, rude, ignorant, and proud of it. I'm so glad when I get in my car and I don't have to hear/smell/see you anymore.

I can't help but feeling part of the 'joke' of Tool's entire 'joke band' theme as we all sing along to "Stinkfist" or "46&2" for the millionth time. I bet that a bunch of stoned/drunk rednecks in the middle of Alabama were coming to some great realization of themselves. I bet everyone went home and meditated on it. Or watched wrestling.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #31
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/26 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center

2nd show. great. Can't believe they did Pushit. I wanted to hear it so bad I was completely ready for them to not play it.

I was in 201, was a bit disappointed by the sound being pretty low (yes, I know it's outdoors). I kept hearing all the idiots around me chatter stupidly and screaming "Hell Yeah!" during pivotal moments of a song. I never heard anyone around me in the tiny arena I was at last time. I can only imagine how low the sound was in the top section.

Overall, what a great fucking concert. Rosetta Stoned just kills live. I love it more each time I hear it. Wings isn't good live. Too many of the kiddies at the concert have a 2 minute attention span (the average time of a song on a top40 radio station that they probably won their tickets from) and the entire place just loses interest during the buildup. Oh well, their loss.

On a related note, this concert just confirmed what I already suspected: I don't like other people. Not all of you, just most of you. I can't stand crowded places like concerts. I guess some people get this 'good vibe' from a bunch of people listening to tool. It's the opposite for me. I don't care how into the music you are. Most of you are ugly, loud, fat, smelly, rude, ignorant, and proud of it. I'm so glad when I get in my car and I don't have to hear/smell/see you anymore.

I can't help but feeling part of the 'joke' of Tool's entire 'joke band' theme as we all sing along to "Stinkfist" or "46&2" for the millionth time. I bet that a bunch of stoned/drunk rednecks in the middle of Alabama were coming to some great realization of themselves. I bet everyone went home and meditated on it. Or watched wrestling.
OFFLINE |