View Single Post
akasha_evil
05-27-2007, 02:21 PM

This was the one of the best experiences of my life. The setlist was amazing, the lazers mesmerizing. I even loved those crazy UFOs.

PUSHIT!!! holy mother fucking Hell....where the fuck did that come from? After the prison sex teaser I expected it to be just another mind fuck...but god damn they actually played it.

The crowd was amazing. Everyone knew the words. There weren't any dumb rednecks fighting for their woman or their beer. Everyone there seemed to be there out of sheer, utter, undying love of this music. If there is a Utopia...it's VWMC w/ TOOL and the population is the entire crowd.

I have just a few complaints, which really aren't the band's fault.
1) $7 beer....I mean wtf?
2) $38 t-shirt? really? My damn shirt better have some of maynards sweat on it for that price.
3) It was an oudoor venue....and no smoking? are you serious? Damn security bitched at me twice. All I wanted to do was sit back with my beer and my butt and drink in the magic of tool. (2 outta 3 ain't bad)
4) The Pelham Police officers were not nice, and definitely were not southern gentlemen. at 1am, when a girl has a flat tire and needs help, you don't turn your back and say "we're not allowed to help". But the Wrecker service out of Hoover that came gets an A+.

The concert turned into a big ordeal for me. But even driving 3 hours on a spare couldn't diminish the magnificence of this show. This was my first TOOL concert, and it was everything I had hoped it would be and more.

ala-fuck yeah- bama
"Last night am I seeing my little Sophie run by my apartment naked and soapy like bear, pulling giant black dogs around singing "not in the butt"? In old country we have word for that Charlie Asher. Word is NASTY."
~Mrs. Korjev in Christopher Moore's "A Dirty Job"
Old 05-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/26 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center

This was the one of the best experiences of my life. The setlist was amazing, the lazers mesmerizing. I even loved those crazy UFOs.

PUSHIT!!! holy mother fucking Hell....where the fuck did that come from? After the prison sex teaser I expected it to be just another mind fuck...but god damn they actually played it.

The crowd was amazing. Everyone knew the words. There weren't any dumb rednecks fighting for their woman or their beer. Everyone there seemed to be there out of sheer, utter, undying love of this music. If there is a Utopia...it's VWMC w/ TOOL and the population is the entire crowd.

I have just a few complaints, which really aren't the band's fault.
1) $7 beer....I mean wtf?
2) $38 t-shirt? really? My damn shirt better have some of maynards sweat on it for that price.
3) It was an oudoor venue....and no smoking? are you serious? Damn security bitched at me twice. All I wanted to do was sit back with my beer and my butt and drink in the magic of tool. (2 outta 3 ain't bad)
4) The Pelham Police officers were not nice, and definitely were not southern gentlemen. at 1am, when a girl has a flat tire and needs help, you don't turn your back and say "we're not allowed to help". But the Wrecker service out of Hoover that came gets an A+.

The concert turned into a big ordeal for me. But even driving 3 hours on a spare couldn't diminish the magnificence of this show. This was my first TOOL concert, and it was everything I had hoped it would be and more.

ala-fuck yeah- bama
"Last night am I seeing my little Sophie run by my apartment naked and soapy like bear, pulling giant black dogs around singing "not in the butt"? In old country we have word for that Charlie Asher. Word is NASTY."
~Mrs. Korjev in Christopher Moore's "A Dirty Job"
OFFLINE |