View Single Post
KaerveK's Avatar KaerveK
05-23-2007, 01:52 PM

I saw the last four shows---Ft Worth (row 13 floor), Oklahoma City section 106, facing maynard directly all night at eye level), San Antonio (second to lasy row of nosebleed absolute center) and Corpus (eighth row) Obviously, Corpus was the highlight, and I'm depressed that I'm not seeing more shows because it seems to get better every night, sound and visual. San Antonio light show was flawless, and finally set the age long question aside---TOOL is awesoem from any seat!! I almost enjoyed more from the highest and farest point than being in the front row last year in Dallas. The acoustics at Corpus are unbelievable, and it right ona bay, which made it a little bit of california with the palm trees and all! Maynard's vocals were clearer in Corpus than the other other stops (really good in SA too) , but danny's sound in corpus was of the chain. Adam was best in Oklahoma and Justin, well, you know!! All around band spirit seemed best in Oklahoma then Corpus, which made the music better at these shows (the show i svery jam band, so every night is a treat). In OKC, they played rosetta sotned longer and maynard started ranting at the end, ir was epic. Bongo solo in SA was tight. Lateralus in Corpus, I'm glad I got a video of that, it was unbelievable.

Favorite Maynard quotes (kinda)
OKC -- "I know alot of you are drunk, so try not fuck any of your relatives on the way home!"

SA "...the good news is there is no bad news..."

Next time, I'm going to all of the US stops!

Last edited by KaerveK; 05-23-2007 at 04:54 PM..
Old 05-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/22 - Corpus Christi, TX - American Bank Center

I saw the last four shows---Ft Worth (row 13 floor), Oklahoma City section 106, facing maynard directly all night at eye level), San Antonio (second to lasy row of nosebleed absolute center) and Corpus (eighth row) Obviously, Corpus was the highlight, and I'm depressed that I'm not seeing more shows because it seems to get better every night, sound and visual. San Antonio light show was flawless, and finally set the age long question aside---TOOL is awesoem from any seat!! I almost enjoyed more from the highest and farest point than being in the front row last year in Dallas. The acoustics at Corpus are unbelievable, and it right ona bay, which made it a little bit of california with the palm trees and all! Maynard's vocals were clearer in Corpus than the other other stops (really good in SA too) , but danny's sound in corpus was of the chain. Adam was best in Oklahoma and Justin, well, you know!! All around band spirit seemed best in Oklahoma then Corpus, which made the music better at these shows (the show i svery jam band, so every night is a treat). In OKC, they played rosetta sotned longer and maynard started ranting at the end, ir was epic. Bongo solo in SA was tight. Lateralus in Corpus, I'm glad I got a video of that, it was unbelievable.

Favorite Maynard quotes (kinda)
OKC -- "I know alot of you are drunk, so try not fuck any of your relatives on the way home!"

SA "...the good news is there is no bad news..."

Next time, I'm going to all of the US stops!

Last edited by KaerveK; 05-23-2007 at 04:54 PM..
OFFLINE |