View Single Post
hackdaddy82
05-22-2007, 02:45 PM

This was my 5th show, and I recntly was at the Fort Worth show as well. I will get my only MINOR disappointment out the way which was that I would have liked a couple of more songs (just like the Fort WOrth show). HOWEVER, one thing I think people overlook is that with the amount of visuals in their productions, you cannot just add songs instantly to your setlist and be in sync w/ the visual aspect of the show. Thats why we pay $50 for a ticket, it's not so TOOL can hold your hand and give a list of lyrics for each song, it's for the total artistic display and experience.

Personally, I thought the biggest "treat" of all last night was that the ENTIRE band came on-stage before their set, WITH THE HOUSE LIGHTS ON, and gave San Antonio a small talk. When Maynard said , "The good news is, THERE IS NO BAD NEWS" I got really pumped and then Jambi just put me in a hyped mood the rest of the show.

As far sound quality, I sat directly to the side of teh stage, a little up, on Danny and Justin's side. Sure the lyrics were a little fuzzy, but I still thought the sound was OK....obviously it's not going to be as good as if you were sitting behind the sound booth. I was happy to be the closest I've ever been to the band, so it was a nice new perspective from where I was at.

Overall, great show.....I made it a point to watch Justin a little more this time, since I never really do...and he was goin off! I think he was humping his bass for the entire time he was standing!

Last Tool show for a while I guess......but I'll definitely be ready to catch a few on the next tour.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/21 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

This was my 5th show, and I recntly was at the Fort Worth show as well. I will get my only MINOR disappointment out the way which was that I would have liked a couple of more songs (just like the Fort WOrth show). HOWEVER, one thing I think people overlook is that with the amount of visuals in their productions, you cannot just add songs instantly to your setlist and be in sync w/ the visual aspect of the show. Thats why we pay $50 for a ticket, it's not so TOOL can hold your hand and give a list of lyrics for each song, it's for the total artistic display and experience.

Personally, I thought the biggest "treat" of all last night was that the ENTIRE band came on-stage before their set, WITH THE HOUSE LIGHTS ON, and gave San Antonio a small talk. When Maynard said , "The good news is, THERE IS NO BAD NEWS" I got really pumped and then Jambi just put me in a hyped mood the rest of the show.

As far sound quality, I sat directly to the side of teh stage, a little up, on Danny and Justin's side. Sure the lyrics were a little fuzzy, but I still thought the sound was OK....obviously it's not going to be as good as if you were sitting behind the sound booth. I was happy to be the closest I've ever been to the band, so it was a nice new perspective from where I was at.

Overall, great show.....I made it a point to watch Justin a little more this time, since I never really do...and he was goin off! I think he was humping his bass for the entire time he was standing!

Last Tool show for a while I guess......but I'll definitely be ready to catch a few on the next tour.
OFFLINE |