View Single Post
Dug-Train
05-22-2007, 09:28 AM

This was an EXCELLENT show, my fourth time to see Tool.

-The visuals were wonderful, the lasers in the latter half of the show added a great third dimension to the performance. It was nice to kind of take a look all the way around at everything that was going on with the animated lasers cutting their was through the clouds of fog.

-Jambii is such a charged song and a great opener. I loved the extended version of Stinkfist, the extension is so rhythmic and FUN to listen to. Right In Two, I was looking forward to this one and they fucking nailed it, they just fucking blew me out of the water with it.

-I wish people would have shut their mouths during 10,000 Days / Wings for Marie. Stop cheering mindlessly and listed to the songs for what they are, the beginning of 10,000 Days is a somber and quiet opening, so be quiet and still and take in the energy and emotion of the music.

-The extended Lateralus was a surprise. They had Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto from King Krimson perform. It was a blast listening to Pat and Danny feed off each other's rhythms and syncopations, absolutely enjoyable. By the way people, THIS WAS OUR TREAT FOR WAITING 9 MONTHS, THESE TWO GREAT MUSICIANS MADE IT OUT TO OUR SHOW AND GAVE US ONE HELL OF A PERFORMANCE! Disappointed that the crowd didn't cheer as loud as they should have when they were introduced on stage, show proper respect, c'mon guys!

-I honestly was disappointed by the lack of Vicarious and Aenema, but thinking back I feel the extended version of Lateralus made up for it!

-Highlight for the night: when the band took a break and sat there on stage while the audience raised their lighters. I've never seen that done to such an effect, it was like looking at stars in the sky and was an incredible, incredible moment! Tool deserves the ovation.

Thank you, Tool, for another great show.
-Dugan
Old 05-22-2007, 09:28 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/21 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

This was an EXCELLENT show, my fourth time to see Tool.

-The visuals were wonderful, the lasers in the latter half of the show added a great third dimension to the performance. It was nice to kind of take a look all the way around at everything that was going on with the animated lasers cutting their was through the clouds of fog.

-Jambii is such a charged song and a great opener. I loved the extended version of Stinkfist, the extension is so rhythmic and FUN to listen to. Right In Two, I was looking forward to this one and they fucking nailed it, they just fucking blew me out of the water with it.

-I wish people would have shut their mouths during 10,000 Days / Wings for Marie. Stop cheering mindlessly and listed to the songs for what they are, the beginning of 10,000 Days is a somber and quiet opening, so be quiet and still and take in the energy and emotion of the music.

-The extended Lateralus was a surprise. They had Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto from King Krimson perform. It was a blast listening to Pat and Danny feed off each other's rhythms and syncopations, absolutely enjoyable. By the way people, THIS WAS OUR TREAT FOR WAITING 9 MONTHS, THESE TWO GREAT MUSICIANS MADE IT OUT TO OUR SHOW AND GAVE US ONE HELL OF A PERFORMANCE! Disappointed that the crowd didn't cheer as loud as they should have when they were introduced on stage, show proper respect, c'mon guys!

-I honestly was disappointed by the lack of Vicarious and Aenema, but thinking back I feel the extended version of Lateralus made up for it!

-Highlight for the night: when the band took a break and sat there on stage while the audience raised their lighters. I've never seen that done to such an effect, it was like looking at stars in the sky and was an incredible, incredible moment! Tool deserves the ovation.

Thank you, Tool, for another great show.
-Dugan
OFFLINE |