View Single Post
angiewriter
05-22-2007, 09:00 AM

Maynard is a dick.

I know Maynard is a genius and is eccentric, but his eccentricities became a little too apparent during last night's show. Having two bands play before them that seemed like garage bands pulled off the streets of San Antonio was completely unnecessary and could have been shortened to provide more time for a decent setlist.

This was my first time seeing Tool, and I will be the first to admit that I'm not a hardcore enough fan to realize whether Danny comes in two measures early for his drum solo. However, there are songs that I expected to hear. Instead of the 10-minute wank-off sessions that took place, I would have rather heard Pot, Aenima, Vicarious, and Sober, which by the way, are some of their biggest hits. I have seen many great bands in concert--Metallica, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Kiss, to name a few--and their number-one goal is to please the fans. However, Tool has lost sight of the fact that without their fans, they would still be jamming out in their garage in L.A.

Maynard needs to uncurl from the fetal position and realize who makes them their money and gives them their status. The lasers were cool, but they did not compensate for the shitty set list. This was my birthday present, and after waiting 10 months, I expected a performance that would be at least on par with the other dates on the tour.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/21 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

Maynard is a dick.

I know Maynard is a genius and is eccentric, but his eccentricities became a little too apparent during last night's show. Having two bands play before them that seemed like garage bands pulled off the streets of San Antonio was completely unnecessary and could have been shortened to provide more time for a decent setlist.

This was my first time seeing Tool, and I will be the first to admit that I'm not a hardcore enough fan to realize whether Danny comes in two measures early for his drum solo. However, there are songs that I expected to hear. Instead of the 10-minute wank-off sessions that took place, I would have rather heard Pot, Aenima, Vicarious, and Sober, which by the way, are some of their biggest hits. I have seen many great bands in concert--Metallica, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Kiss, to name a few--and their number-one goal is to please the fans. However, Tool has lost sight of the fact that without their fans, they would still be jamming out in their garage in L.A.

Maynard needs to uncurl from the fetal position and realize who makes them their money and gives them their status. The lasers were cool, but they did not compensate for the shitty set list. This was my birthday present, and after waiting 10 months, I expected a performance that would be at least on par with the other dates on the tour.
OFFLINE |