View Single Post
Khadgar346's Avatar Khadgar346
05-21-2007, 11:08 PM

This was my 5th time to see Tool Live. I was lucky enough to catch them on the "mini tour" in NYC and in Houston the day before the original date of this San Antonio show.

I held on to my tickets for 10 months, and I too was disappointed in the show...

My seats were in section 101-row 19 and had a great view of the whole stage and projectors. It was behind the soundboard. The group around me had good energy and a lot of people were really getting into the show.

The sound was decent but I felt the vocals were pretty muddy, could have done a better job but then again, it could have been the venue.

The visuals and laser are fantastic don't get me wrong, but they could have done something a bit extra for us fans that waited TWICE to see this show. No Pot, Sober, Pushit, or Vicarious.

Maynard seemed to be very active on stage, lots of dancing and movements from him. Hey said only a couple things, and thats all...

Stinkfist- they nailed the extended version of this, but no "primal" scream.
46&2- I think Danny came in on his solo a measure or two early, but that just could have been me.

"Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto please come to the principals office"-maynard in the break part of lateralus.

Lateralus jam was great to see. It almost reminded me of the Triad Jam back on the Lateralus Tour. Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson jammed with them. It was cool seeing all six of them on stage rocking out.

The vocals were so muddy I couldn't tell who Maynard was introducing.

Anyways, I'm sure for the fans who saw the show for the first time loved it, but for us "other" fans, I too was expecting more. I will always enjoy a Tool show, but come guys... I was wanting more at the end

I have been to the At&T center a couple times to see APC and NIN but this was the worst experience of them all. $10 for parking, $6.50 a brew, and they stopped serving them at 9:45pm (thanks for the warning!) The best part was when closed down the bathrooms at the end of the show.

Tool's Merch had a lot of items for sale, the only thing I took him with me was a $10 poster, it was the only thing reasonable for the price. I'm sure when the tour is finished they will put those shirts up on their website for about half the price anyways.

Last edited by Khadgar346; 05-22-2007 at 09:27 AM..
Old 05-21-2007, 11:08 PM   #12
On Probation

Bincount™: 12
Re: 2007/05/21 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

This was my 5th time to see Tool Live. I was lucky enough to catch them on the "mini tour" in NYC and in Houston the day before the original date of this San Antonio show.

I held on to my tickets for 10 months, and I too was disappointed in the show...

My seats were in section 101-row 19 and had a great view of the whole stage and projectors. It was behind the soundboard. The group around me had good energy and a lot of people were really getting into the show.

The sound was decent but I felt the vocals were pretty muddy, could have done a better job but then again, it could have been the venue.

The visuals and laser are fantastic don't get me wrong, but they could have done something a bit extra for us fans that waited TWICE to see this show. No Pot, Sober, Pushit, or Vicarious.

Maynard seemed to be very active on stage, lots of dancing and movements from him. Hey said only a couple things, and thats all...

Stinkfist- they nailed the extended version of this, but no "primal" scream.
46&2- I think Danny came in on his solo a measure or two early, but that just could have been me.

"Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto please come to the principals office"-maynard in the break part of lateralus.

Lateralus jam was great to see. It almost reminded me of the Triad Jam back on the Lateralus Tour. Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson jammed with them. It was cool seeing all six of them on stage rocking out.

The vocals were so muddy I couldn't tell who Maynard was introducing.

Anyways, I'm sure for the fans who saw the show for the first time loved it, but for us "other" fans, I too was expecting more. I will always enjoy a Tool show, but come guys... I was wanting more at the end

I have been to the At&T center a couple times to see APC and NIN but this was the worst experience of them all. $10 for parking, $6.50 a brew, and they stopped serving them at 9:45pm (thanks for the warning!) The best part was when closed down the bathrooms at the end of the show.

Tool's Merch had a lot of items for sale, the only thing I took him with me was a $10 poster, it was the only thing reasonable for the price. I'm sure when the tour is finished they will put those shirts up on their website for about half the price anyways.

Last edited by Khadgar346; 05-22-2007 at 09:27 AM..
OFFLINE |