Schism
Lost Keys & Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Sober
Lateralus

Encore:
Vicarious
Aenema

This was my second time seeing Tool. the first time was four years ago, I was fifteen years old and experienced my first moment of total & utter bliss. now, four years later I still felt that exact same feeling of sheer excitement and loss for words. Call me crazy, but you would've thought I was attending a Backstreet Boys concert or something to that effect.

Anyhow. Stinkfist was an amazing choice for an opening song. it got everybody so pumped to hear an old (but absolutely fantastic) song. and Aenema as a closing song just left everybody gaping-mouthed and salivating for more. My favourite moment was 46&2, being probably the closest thing to a favourite Tool song that I can choose. it was so intense and a total shock because I never thought I'd hear it live.

I was also in shock when to my dismay, not only did Maynard pull off the thought-of-to-be-impossible intro to The Pot, but managed to make it sound 100x better than I could've imagined.

The highlights of my evening were: Stinkfist in all it's glory, 46&2, the video during Schism making it look like the characters in the video were walking on stage behind the band, the way Maynard sung "mother mary won't you whisper", red & yellow lights during Lateralus, everyone being rowdy and cheering for an encore while the band sat on the stage, and then Maynard saying "okay, whatever" and continuing with the two final songs, and also the way Maynard just sat on the floor and looked at his watch during guitar/drum solos and then got back up to sing.

All in all, a fabulous concert going experience than I think everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime.

The only downside was that the section I was sitting in was full of those people who looked bored out of their minds the whole time, and complained every time a song from 10,000 Days was played. oh, and my buddy I took with me calling Maynard "Manyard" all night. and looking at me oddly as I belted out every song.

(I know this review is horrible, but I wrote it when I got home from the show and I was still high on bliss and my brain was a bit muddied from the horrific Saddledome beer)
OFFLINE |