View Single Post
philko
07-18-2010, 06:29 PM

This was my third time seeing Tool. I saw them about 3 years ago during the 10,000 Days tour at this same venue. This time we were sitting in the first row of stage right. It was nice being slightly away from the stage with no one directly in front of us.. clear and close view of the band and all of the awesome effects.

There was a cool robotic effect added to MJK's voice on either jambi or stinkfist that caught me off guard. I turned my friend and said "you heard that too, right?". I also liked the stage lights above moving like fingers... creepy. The mobile screens right behind adam and danny were cool during 46&2.

I have to say that they sounded awesome. I brought ear plugs but quickly realized there was no way I was going to wear them (except through the opening band's set). Overall it was an excellent show. I was blown away by their performance.

My criticisms:
The vocals were sometimes drowned out by the massive sound.
I agree with sarah that the show seemed to end abruptly. I was really hoping for more than two songs after the intermission although I saw they had this same setlist for the entire tour. Darn :\
Maynard, stop trying to sell us your wine.

I hope they release a new album soon. A fresh tour with new music would be sick.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.15.2010 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena

This was my third time seeing Tool. I saw them about 3 years ago during the 10,000 Days tour at this same venue. This time we were sitting in the first row of stage right. It was nice being slightly away from the stage with no one directly in front of us.. clear and close view of the band and all of the awesome effects.

There was a cool robotic effect added to MJK's voice on either jambi or stinkfist that caught me off guard. I turned my friend and said "you heard that too, right?". I also liked the stage lights above moving like fingers... creepy. The mobile screens right behind adam and danny were cool during 46&2.

I have to say that they sounded awesome. I brought ear plugs but quickly realized there was no way I was going to wear them (except through the opening band's set). Overall it was an excellent show. I was blown away by their performance.

My criticisms:
The vocals were sometimes drowned out by the massive sound.
I agree with sarah that the show seemed to end abruptly. I was really hoping for more than two songs after the intermission although I saw they had this same setlist for the entire tour. Darn :\
Maynard, stop trying to sell us your wine.

I hope they release a new album soon. A fresh tour with new music would be sick.
OFFLINE |