View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/03 - Oberhausen, GER - Konig-Pilsener Arena

Great to see so many Dutch reviews.
Were there any Germans in the venue, hehe ?? !!
I was at the Oberhausen show last night too. My 6th TOOL concert this year. Some people think I am crazy, but I am glad to read, that there are many more people who have seen those great artists more then once !
It was just a short one hour drive from Holland.
We arrived at the König-Pilsener Arena at an early hour: 2 pm. There were only 6 more die-hard fans. It was nasty weather but luckily the arena has a big roof so let the rain fall and we stayed dry. As we were never in that hall, it seems confusing with so many doors that could open. Of course we wanted to be in the front, just as with all the Tool shows we visited before :-)
So we made a choice before which door we would settle down....and it was a correct choice.
15 min. before the doors opened, I saw Armando, one of the main personal TOOL security guys. I told him that I bought them a dutch "Sinterklaas"present, but was not allowed to take it inside. He would make sure Maynard would receive them. So hopefully the management gave it to them :-(
Door opened 18.30 h
We were the first up front, yeahhhhh
Mastadon 20.00 h
The sounds was much better then in Rotterdam, those guys are fun to watch, but the music is not so much my taste. After 3/4 h. they left the stage and it was time to watch the stage get ready for TOOL.
21.00 h TOOL
The sound was great. Maynard's voice was loud and clear.
Every time again I enjoy their live performance and the songs so much.
My highlight: Wings......no words to describe how beautifully emotional this song must be for Maynard. Thank you for sharing your feelings with us (after all, he has the courage to share these feelings with an unknown crowd).
It was one of the best TOOL shows for me this time.
The next and last show until they hopefully return next summer again (!) will be Paris.

I want to thank Todd for the always lovely gesture of handing me a setlist.
TODD, YOU 'RE A DOLL :-)
OFFLINE |