View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/03 - Oberhausen, GER - Konig-Pilsener Arena

What he said!

This was my 13th show and I guess the first at which security was actively keeping people from smoking. They also would rush out to anyone just holding a mobile in their hands. I'm not entirely sure, but this could also have been my first show without Sober.

We were sitting as well, near the back with a great view of the stage and all the lights. I liked this year's Pinkpop show, while the HMH and Ahoy (until Sober) performances were a bit timid. This show was really great again.

When they played 46&2 I thought I could write 'Swamp Song' across my belly (as we say in Holland) but they played it just before the break. While they played this song I couldn't help my mind wandering back to the Metropool in 1993. I wonder what Tool would have said after their show in front of 300 people or so that night if one would have told them: "Hey, in 13 years you'll be playing a 15.000 people audience and have videoscreens and lasers."

Something appeared to go wrong at the end of Vicarious, during the very last bit I couldn't hear Maynard while he was tapping some pedals. Right after the song he waved a bit frustrated to the side of the stage.

Here's what I recall:

'Goodnight'
'Let's get this party.... started'
'Waaaitttt for it' *
'No camera flashes on this song please, no flashes please, not on this song'
'There you have it'
'Thank you all for coming here, hope to see you next summer'

* It indeed seemed to be directed at Justin, but it could also have been intended for the crowd who applauded twice before the end of the previous song.

The trip back was smooth, indeed getting there was an adventure, I almost felt like one of those crab fishers in the Discovery program 'Dealiest Catch' but I wasn't in the Bering Straight, these were the German highways.

Whatever will bewilder me...

Last edited by CurtSchilling; 12-04-2006 at 12:43 AM..
OFFLINE |