View Single Post
LateraL9eight7
05-08-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surdert View Post
hooker
My opinion about this? it fucking sucks. Maynard fucked up vicarious, he can't hit the fucking notes anymore. Jambi is dead and just slow paste, stinkfist as the last song is wrong, should be the opener and drop hooker, then add something else. This is the exact same setlist as the one we got 2012, but in a different order and vicarious added, witch they fucked up. I don't have any form of hope regards tool anymore. Make a new album, tour the whole world, release live stuff, then quit. At least may jay.
Listen, you're lucky they still come around at all. Most of their generation is dead. They aren't Radiohead. They play aggressive music written over a 22 year period that started in their 20's. Now they're 50.

Also, some of the bum shows in the past few years come from the simple fact that they do these few and far between sets of gigs. Not full blown tours in support of an album. It has always historically taken them two or three weeks to really get in the pocket.

I feel fortunate that they even still feel enough to continue. They certainly don't need the money.

You wanna see Maynard hit some notes. Watch the Madison Square Garden shows from October 2001. And then consider that was 12 years ago.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #948
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by surdert View Post
hooker
My opinion about this? it fucking sucks. Maynard fucked up vicarious, he can't hit the fucking notes anymore. Jambi is dead and just slow paste, stinkfist as the last song is wrong, should be the opener and drop hooker, then add something else. This is the exact same setlist as the one we got 2012, but in a different order and vicarious added, witch they fucked up. I don't have any form of hope regards tool anymore. Make a new album, tour the whole world, release live stuff, then quit. At least may jay.
Listen, you're lucky they still come around at all. Most of their generation is dead. They aren't Radiohead. They play aggressive music written over a 22 year period that started in their 20's. Now they're 50.

Also, some of the bum shows in the past few years come from the simple fact that they do these few and far between sets of gigs. Not full blown tours in support of an album. It has always historically taken them two or three weeks to really get in the pocket.

I feel fortunate that they even still feel enough to continue. They certainly don't need the money.

You wanna see Maynard hit some notes. Watch the Madison Square Garden shows from October 2001. And then consider that was 12 years ago.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote