View Single Post
darwin420
07-26-2009, 11:25 AM

$100 nosebleed ticket, 10 songs....$40 t-shirts...hmmmmm...."Hooker with a Penis" anyone!
Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter but I miss the days when Maynard was an actual "front" man, instead of a "hide in the dark by the drums" man. This was my 9th Tool show since I first saw them live back in '96.

As I looked around the crowd I soon realized that 70-80 % of the people there were 5-10 years younger than me(30), which surprised me, and probably don't realize how amazing their live shows used to be. After paying $40 for a cotton t-shirt maybe they felt compelled to view it as the best show of their life.

No, the Dallas show wasn't terrible or anything but definitely not my favorite.

Everything that has already been posted is accurate: sounded good, Maynard was chatty, Justin danced, Danny was awesome as usual, drum duo was very cool, visuals were cool, etc.

To me, Tool is the kind of band you feel deep in your "soul"(quotes cause I don't believe in souls). Their musical talent is extraordinary, lyrical composition is unmatched, overall originality is untouchable.

I first heard them when I was 14 in '94 and was instantly hooked when I heard "sober" and "prison sex". I've been to every Dallas show they have played since then. This concert was my least favorite since the Lateralus tour when Maynard decided to keep his back to the stage and hide behind a sheet.

I will go to their next concert so long as it supports a new record. But, to be honest, rather than pay $135 for a shit seat, 2 beers, and parking......I'd rather grab a cold beer, a joint, and sit in my car rocking out for two hours for a grand total of about $10.

I'm sure I'll get ripped on for this post...."bands change", "your not a real Tool fan", "Maynard was awesome", "you don't know shit"....blah, blah, blah.....like I said, Tool is a band you feel, if your a fan, your a fan. I guess I sort of feel like the friend or relative that tells you something you don't want to hear, but once you think about you realize they're right and they told you cause they love you

Overall one word review: STANDARD
Old 07-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.25.09 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

$100 nosebleed ticket, 10 songs....$40 t-shirts...hmmmmm...."Hooker with a Penis" anyone!
Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter but I miss the days when Maynard was an actual "front" man, instead of a "hide in the dark by the drums" man. This was my 9th Tool show since I first saw them live back in '96.

As I looked around the crowd I soon realized that 70-80 % of the people there were 5-10 years younger than me(30), which surprised me, and probably don't realize how amazing their live shows used to be. After paying $40 for a cotton t-shirt maybe they felt compelled to view it as the best show of their life.

No, the Dallas show wasn't terrible or anything but definitely not my favorite.

Everything that has already been posted is accurate: sounded good, Maynard was chatty, Justin danced, Danny was awesome as usual, drum duo was very cool, visuals were cool, etc.

To me, Tool is the kind of band you feel deep in your "soul"(quotes cause I don't believe in souls). Their musical talent is extraordinary, lyrical composition is unmatched, overall originality is untouchable.

I first heard them when I was 14 in '94 and was instantly hooked when I heard "sober" and "prison sex". I've been to every Dallas show they have played since then. This concert was my least favorite since the Lateralus tour when Maynard decided to keep his back to the stage and hide behind a sheet.

I will go to their next concert so long as it supports a new record. But, to be honest, rather than pay $135 for a shit seat, 2 beers, and parking......I'd rather grab a cold beer, a joint, and sit in my car rocking out for two hours for a grand total of about $10.

I'm sure I'll get ripped on for this post...."bands change", "your not a real Tool fan", "Maynard was awesome", "you don't know shit"....blah, blah, blah.....like I said, Tool is a band you feel, if your a fan, your a fan. I guess I sort of feel like the friend or relative that tells you something you don't want to hear, but once you think about you realize they're right and they told you cause they love you

Overall one word review: STANDARD
OFFLINE |