View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 12:14 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/02 - Marysville, CA - Sleep Train Amphitheater

My second Tool experience. Amazing as usual. Way better than my first. No dumb people throwing shoes at maynard this time. Same setlist as the previous night. Saw an albino walking a 3 legged dog. I swear.

STINKFIST - Maynards intro was funny. "Blah blah blah.....*mumbles incoherently*" and then stinkfist starts. Had a perfect view of the stage for this one, with noone sitting in front of me. I wasn't expecting maynards HUGE SCREAM, it gave me the shivers. Maynard seemed to be really into it tonight.

THE POT - Bass sounded unbelievable tonight. Was a little distracted when this dumb girl and her boyfriend show up and stand right in front of me, even though everyone else around us is sitting down. so we had to stand for most of the rest.

46 & 2 - Cool intro....huge bass...so freaking loud and clear. the "I choose to live...." section was perfect. Maynard was really belting those parts out.

JAMBI- Definitely one of the highlights....this song is so perfectly structured. I'm not one to head bang but during the "If I leave than I might. as. well. be. gone!!!" part i almost snapped my neck. and the talkbox solo was perfect.

SCHISM - this one surprised me....I knew they would play it and knew it would be good. But it really blew my mind. The double time section was awesome....and the end just shook the whole place...almost like I was hearing it for the first time, rather than the millionth.

ROSETTA STONED - killer, i don't know how they pull this song off live but they do. During the first "Strapped down, my bed...." part Maynard was walking in circles sort of hunched over and stomping in rythym to the vocals. Adam missed a big change during the build up section but they adjusted beautifully....and maynards bull horn or whatever is went out at the end, but he noticed pretty quickly and ran over the microphone.

OPIATE - "do you believe in time travel?" "are you sure?" I remember thinking Opiate already...crap this shows almost over. The guy behind us thought he knew the words and had to sing louder than maynard. the slowed down middle section of the song was great.

SOBER - Again, the "Hits" so to speak, surprised me tonight. I wasn't expecting them to be as engaging as they were. I guess just having heard them so much...but Sober, Schism, and 46&2 were probably the best tonight.

the band took a little mini break. I think Danny lost a stick right around here, on one of his little mini drum solos, one went flying off to the left.

LATERALUS - Huge, epic. the weird lasers came out. Maynard sang with his back to the crowd the whole time. awesome...and that fucking GONG!!!!!!!

the band took a real break, sat on the drum riser, maynard layed down. The crowd busted out tons of lighters. Justin and Adam went and got 2 of their own and joined in. Maynard said "I'm confused, I thought they confiscated all your crack pipes at the door? why do you need the lighters?"

VICARIOUS - Maynard with all he had singing "Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies, Much better you than I" yeah.....out of this world.

AENEMA - Maynard summed this one up pretty well: "ahh yeah".

the lights came on the band applauds the crowd...throws them sticks, drumheads, water bottles. they bow and clap for us some more. Maynard points to his watch like it's time for bed...and the best live band walks off the stage.

on the way out....floating strangely and gracefully the complete opposite way of the huge crowd is this wide eyed albino guy walking a three legged dog. what a night capper.

Last edited by Zen Archer; 09-03-2006 at 01:39 PM..
OFFLINE |