View Single Post
Alyx H.
07-15-2007, 06:51 AM

I took my brother to his first concert, and he would have had a religious experience if he wasn't an atheist. I have to say that the crowd definitely elevated the show, and the band fed off from it. Flood was a-mazing. Rosetta Stoned suite was a-mazing. Wings for Marie suite was a-mazing (more about emotional charge than sheer power).

The highlight? The Lateralus drum solo. Watching Danny manhandle his drumkit along with Coady Willis was mesmerizing. Coady definitely can hold his own, but you really can see why Danny is in a whole other league compared to any other rock drummer of this generation. But now I'm babbling...

---------

Section: 207, row: clouds --- Speaker strip blocked the view to the greatest drummer of our age.

But... my brother and I moved and sat on the steps MUCH farther down. Best decision ever.

Last edited by Alyx H.; 07-15-2007 at 06:54 AM..
Old 07-15-2007, 06:51 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/14 - Albany, NY - Times Forum Union

I took my brother to his first concert, and he would have had a religious experience if he wasn't an atheist. I have to say that the crowd definitely elevated the show, and the band fed off from it. Flood was a-mazing. Rosetta Stoned suite was a-mazing. Wings for Marie suite was a-mazing (more about emotional charge than sheer power).

The highlight? The Lateralus drum solo. Watching Danny manhandle his drumkit along with Coady Willis was mesmerizing. Coady definitely can hold his own, but you really can see why Danny is in a whole other league compared to any other rock drummer of this generation. But now I'm babbling...

---------

Section: 207, row: clouds --- Speaker strip blocked the view to the greatest drummer of our age.

But... my brother and I moved and sat on the steps MUCH farther down. Best decision ever.

Last edited by Alyx H.; 07-15-2007 at 06:54 AM..
OFFLINE |