View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 11 Reasons Why Eulogy Cannot Be About Jesus or L. Ron Hubbard

Sorry, but I kinda see that as a lazy interpretation, I mean the "not all martyrs" line, its just one line in the song. There's alot more to this song.

There definitely is the use of religious allegory in this song. "Get off your cross, we need the space to nail the next fool martyr", "to ascend you must die" etc. How it all fits together is a tough riddle. But the "ranting" and "you sure could yell" stuff, if its about Jesus and its just being sarcastic, its kinda dumb sarcasm. Tool is anything but dumb. I think we're dealing with someone who really did yell and rant and point their finger and piss them off.

On the comment earlier that someone sees an outside chance this was addressed to Bill Hicks -- so many reasons this can't be about Bill Hicks, where do you start. But number one being, "no way to recall what it was you said to me, like I care at all." Tool desperately wants us to remember Bill Hicks' message (Hicks originated the concept of the 'third eye' not Tool). The last thing they would say about him is "what the fuck it was you were ranting about, I have no idea nor do I really give a shit to remember."

Last edited by tbrent21; 05-11-2006 at 03:23 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote