View Single Post
phr34k
07-31-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-Imus View Post
4th show: 2001 Roanoke Civic Center, 2006 Pittsburg (sucky ass arena), and 2007 Roanoke the sequel. My wife has missed them all, and complained every time that I never invited her/she couldn't go. She took up drums on GHWT, and was impressed by the Tool songs being the hardest. I talked her into going on the argument that she needed to see why. She said afterwards that she now knows why I think they are the best supergroup of our generation, and bumped them up to five on her top ten list. I thought that was cute.

Regardless, Maynard did not want to do this tour. I heard a radio show out of Chicago doing an interview with him. He was smack dab in the middle of his wine tour, and refused to talk about anything about Tool. The favor was called in, quote, and he had to go, like being called into duty. This tour will be lackluster for this reason on his vocals and participation. He still earned my $40 an hour for just showing up and giving me something, anything!

To add to the lyrics comments, I distinctly heard "Fret for your monkey" on Aenima. Did anyone hear that?! Then, I thought, MJK may have been commenting on LA's obession with MJ's death. Just a thought. And for Rosetta Stoned, I heard "and they fucked me up the ass" instead of "And I didn't graduate from fucking high school." These could have been auditory hallucinations, but I made a point to go stone cold sober, so someone please confirm.

And Justin was fucking on! He played like he was the lead, and in most of the songs he was! I found myself thrusting my pelvis in the same manner he was thrusting into his bass. They did a lot of playing on the ground too. I remembered from the 06/07, that the distortion parts were done with him standing. All I know is one or both of them made the loudest, highest pitched tone that I have ever heard, and held it for at least 5 or 6 minutes. That made Rosetta Stoned so much more sweeter when they released into it. Ahhh.

Lateralus is their Stairway hands down. Flood was awesome to hear. Aenima, 46 & 2, and Stinkfist would have been singles for that album, if they were as big as they are now at that time, which they are played often on the radio as they are edited well. Jambi, Vicarious, and Rosetta Stoned, outside of the Pot, are the greatest sound they have made yet. I cannot complain about the setlist, and I don't think you should go to the same show in a different city expecting different. At your job, do you do whatever you do differently and more complex every time? No, you find the easiest and fastest way to get the desired effect. Efficient setlist.

I liked the vocals volume, it helped you pick out the "maggots" (as I read before as an appropriate label) who were there to brag about going and not try to hear every sweet word coming out of MJK's mouth. In Roanoke, he actually commented on how well we were behaving in regards to the flash. I saw an interview from Aenima that he expects people to buy the ticket to experience the spectacle they offer, not to post it to the non-payers or for us to look back on later. We are there for the moment, and I try to forget it as soon as possible to not be disappointed with everyday life! The drive home 96.1 played every song in their Tool library back to back, much love and unheard of with today's pre-picked radio setlists!

Adam, Justin, and Danny were all wearing white; Adam and Justin were in jump suits and Danny had a white cut-off. Maynard was wearing the all black jump suit similar to the one he wore when I saw them in Roanoke in 2001 with his black mohawk. And, MJK is not the apex, frontman, or focal point. He is the last to touch the music. He is the softest part of the songs. He turns his back to us, but I have seen if we earn his trust he will face the audience and come up to the front. He did that at Roanoke 2001, and I have not seen it again. He is the temperamental cowbell in the band basically. You got to listen very closely and be good little Toolies if you want more cowbell. But, I still got that fever in Gwinnett, and I could not have asked for more from what I saw from us. Shame on you Georgia!

And to comment on the venue, it could have been worse! They were originally going to play an outdoor theater on that Sunday in the south side of Atlanta at the Amphitheater, with a John Myer wannabe playing at 7:30. Be thankful my droogies, and eat your eggy-weggies with pride you saw the boys, maybe for one of the last times! But that's what keeps us coming back, isn't it?!

Actually, youre wrong... they were slated to play Verizon Wireless in Alpharetta, which in my opinion wouldve been SICK. I did enjoy the ride home with the project though :)
Old 07-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #89
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-Imus View Post
4th show: 2001 Roanoke Civic Center, 2006 Pittsburg (sucky ass arena), and 2007 Roanoke the sequel. My wife has missed them all, and complained every time that I never invited her/she couldn't go. She took up drums on GHWT, and was impressed by the Tool songs being the hardest. I talked her into going on the argument that she needed to see why. She said afterwards that she now knows why I think they are the best supergroup of our generation, and bumped them up to five on her top ten list. I thought that was cute.

Regardless, Maynard did not want to do this tour. I heard a radio show out of Chicago doing an interview with him. He was smack dab in the middle of his wine tour, and refused to talk about anything about Tool. The favor was called in, quote, and he had to go, like being called into duty. This tour will be lackluster for this reason on his vocals and participation. He still earned my $40 an hour for just showing up and giving me something, anything!

To add to the lyrics comments, I distinctly heard "Fret for your monkey" on Aenima. Did anyone hear that?! Then, I thought, MJK may have been commenting on LA's obession with MJ's death. Just a thought. And for Rosetta Stoned, I heard "and they fucked me up the ass" instead of "And I didn't graduate from fucking high school." These could have been auditory hallucinations, but I made a point to go stone cold sober, so someone please confirm.

And Justin was fucking on! He played like he was the lead, and in most of the songs he was! I found myself thrusting my pelvis in the same manner he was thrusting into his bass. They did a lot of playing on the ground too. I remembered from the 06/07, that the distortion parts were done with him standing. All I know is one or both of them made the loudest, highest pitched tone that I have ever heard, and held it for at least 5 or 6 minutes. That made Rosetta Stoned so much more sweeter when they released into it. Ahhh.

Lateralus is their Stairway hands down. Flood was awesome to hear. Aenima, 46 & 2, and Stinkfist would have been singles for that album, if they were as big as they are now at that time, which they are played often on the radio as they are edited well. Jambi, Vicarious, and Rosetta Stoned, outside of the Pot, are the greatest sound they have made yet. I cannot complain about the setlist, and I don't think you should go to the same show in a different city expecting different. At your job, do you do whatever you do differently and more complex every time? No, you find the easiest and fastest way to get the desired effect. Efficient setlist.

I liked the vocals volume, it helped you pick out the "maggots" (as I read before as an appropriate label) who were there to brag about going and not try to hear every sweet word coming out of MJK's mouth. In Roanoke, he actually commented on how well we were behaving in regards to the flash. I saw an interview from Aenima that he expects people to buy the ticket to experience the spectacle they offer, not to post it to the non-payers or for us to look back on later. We are there for the moment, and I try to forget it as soon as possible to not be disappointed with everyday life! The drive home 96.1 played every song in their Tool library back to back, much love and unheard of with today's pre-picked radio setlists!

Adam, Justin, and Danny were all wearing white; Adam and Justin were in jump suits and Danny had a white cut-off. Maynard was wearing the all black jump suit similar to the one he wore when I saw them in Roanoke in 2001 with his black mohawk. And, MJK is not the apex, frontman, or focal point. He is the last to touch the music. He is the softest part of the songs. He turns his back to us, but I have seen if we earn his trust he will face the audience and come up to the front. He did that at Roanoke 2001, and I have not seen it again. He is the temperamental cowbell in the band basically. You got to listen very closely and be good little Toolies if you want more cowbell. But, I still got that fever in Gwinnett, and I could not have asked for more from what I saw from us. Shame on you Georgia!

And to comment on the venue, it could have been worse! They were originally going to play an outdoor theater on that Sunday in the south side of Atlanta at the Amphitheater, with a John Myer wannabe playing at 7:30. Be thankful my droogies, and eat your eggy-weggies with pride you saw the boys, maybe for one of the last times! But that's what keeps us coming back, isn't it?!

Actually, youre wrong... they were slated to play Verizon Wireless in Alpharetta, which in my opinion wouldve been SICK. I did enjoy the ride home with the project though :)
OFFLINE |