View Single Post
marsss
07-29-2009, 09:51 PM

This was my first TOOL show ever and I was ecstatic, but a bit disappointed. I cried during Jambi, just because it was an intense start to the show and because I felt so amazed to finally be in the midst of my favourite band EVER... LIVE.

Well, the first 4 songs went on in this manner with minor glitches. Then I started to notice that these 4 songs would probably be as good as it got. LK/RS was amazing, but I just felt the energy die down after the first half. I would have loved to hear Maynard sing those last beautiful lines of Vicarious, but alas, he pinned that chore on us.

I did, however, FREAKING LOVE being on the floor RIGHT IN FRONT. I just love the feeling of being on the floor versus seats. It's almost as if the entire floor crowd is one entity, passionately fused together through the shared love of the music. My boyfriend kept picking me up above the crowd, which made me feel amazing. I was just SO into it, I didn't even really notice all of the big uh-oh's the band made. Even Maynard's verse-skip. I do wish they would have played Wings for Marie pt. 1 and 2, just because I feel it to be the most guttural, emotional song to ever flow out of Maynard's brain. My boyfriend saw them in 2007 in New Orleans and claims they played for a full SIX HOURS...

All in all, it was a great experience, even if it wasn't as good as it could have been. I'm looking forward to more, better TOOL concerts in my future.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #85
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

This was my first TOOL show ever and I was ecstatic, but a bit disappointed. I cried during Jambi, just because it was an intense start to the show and because I felt so amazed to finally be in the midst of my favourite band EVER... LIVE.

Well, the first 4 songs went on in this manner with minor glitches. Then I started to notice that these 4 songs would probably be as good as it got. LK/RS was amazing, but I just felt the energy die down after the first half. I would have loved to hear Maynard sing those last beautiful lines of Vicarious, but alas, he pinned that chore on us.

I did, however, FREAKING LOVE being on the floor RIGHT IN FRONT. I just love the feeling of being on the floor versus seats. It's almost as if the entire floor crowd is one entity, passionately fused together through the shared love of the music. My boyfriend kept picking me up above the crowd, which made me feel amazing. I was just SO into it, I didn't even really notice all of the big uh-oh's the band made. Even Maynard's verse-skip. I do wish they would have played Wings for Marie pt. 1 and 2, just because I feel it to be the most guttural, emotional song to ever flow out of Maynard's brain. My boyfriend saw them in 2007 in New Orleans and claims they played for a full SIX HOURS...

All in all, it was a great experience, even if it wasn't as good as it could have been. I'm looking forward to more, better TOOL concerts in my future.
OFFLINE |