View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 06:44 PM   #47

Bincount™: 10
Re: The Meaning of H. Spoken by Maynard himself

H is not fucking about heroin. Maynard has said himself that it's about his son on numerous occasions. He's not a fucking junkie. doesn't "Fuck all you junkies and fuck your short memory" come to mind ? He's also said he's never been addicted to any drug.
I understand how he fucks around and says "this song is about anal sex" before stinkfist, four degrees or pretty much any song to mock people who only look at the surface. but he's not a man who jokes about his son .
Besides, heroin is one thing. "Both totally void of hate" is two things. to me, it means devo and devo's mom. maynard was abused as a child (Prison Sex) and he knows how child abuse works in cycles. he feels angry sometimes and wants to lash out but he doesn't because he looks into his son's eyes and sees himself, in a way as a child who has done no wrong.
His son's name is Devo H. Keenan. No middle name, just H. That's where the title comes from. Most of tool's songs are very much open to interpretation but I think this isn't one of them.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote