View Single Post
Old 06-02-2003, 06:41 PM   #23
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by anhour
in the case of Christianity: one of the biggest problems is that little of the bible is actually in Jesus's words, possibly none. it was written after his death, not during his preaching. it was also second or third-hand or accounts even further from the source.
then it has been translated at least two or three times. (arimaic to greek to english and in the case of the old testament/torah, ?arimaic? to hebrew to english, and sometimes from hebrew to greek to english depending on the translation)

but there are still good things said in the bible, but unfortunately it is often grossly misinterpreted and sometimes the book itself is completely ignored and people go to the middleman.
The bible second/ third hand? Ha! the version of bible that the western world uses today took 39 men nearly 1800 years. Thats like playing telephone for 1800 years, do you know how historically innacurate the bible is, if in fact there is something for it to be accurate to? here's a quote from thebible.com (check it out, the blantant contradictions throughout are hilarious to me) "Many versions of the bible exist, each reflects the limited scientific knowledge, personal beliefs of the writers/translators, and the social beliefs in the time period in which it was written/translated"
I think to myself why would any one follow something that is supposedly so singular but is not at all possible accurate?
Personally i think religeon is the downfall of man. After all those who follow religeon do not think for themselves, yet most do not question the authority of the religeon. They follow it blindly.
As for the middle man, there shouldnt be a middleman. That is why this song is bashing said middleman.

Just read the quote on the Opinion Homepage
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote