View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 09:09 PM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6
Re: Maynard's words on this song...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohshuashua
as a christian i'm pretty frustrated with the church right now, i think it gives itself a bad name with all the legalism it forces on everyone. i go to a christian college with a strong legalistic ideal (that of works making you what you are as a christian). however i'm discovering this is a lie. christianity is not about what you do or do not do, it is merely believing that Jesus died for you and striving to live in a way that will please him. this living to please him is not living in fear of pissing him off, or living in an attempt to gain his favor to give you stuff you want, but instead, it's living with the gratitude of someone who's life/soul has been saved by another, and honoring the one who made the sacrifice for them.
Good to know I'm not the only Christian who is upset with the way many Christians are acting.

Please, no one say that there shouldn't be fighting within the church. Because if we didn't, it could easily be interpreted as the ones in this song... deaf, blind, and dumb and born to follow.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote