View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #16
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: Is Opiate anyone's FAVORITE album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Brightwell View Post
An album and an LP are synonymous. An EP is not an album.
No, you are wrong. Album does not equal LP. Album equals a collection of songs put together; hell, I would even say that an album can be one song. There are plenty of albums that are one track.

If you can pull a fact from somewhere other than your ass that contradicts what the dictionary and Wikipedia say, then you should probably do that. Otherwise, you're definitely wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Extended play (EP) is the name typically given to vinyl records or CDs which contain more than one single but are too short to qualify as albums. Usually, an album has eight or more tracks (anywhere between 25–80 minutes), a single has one to three (up to 10 minutes), and an EP four to seven (or around 10–25 minutes).
Opiate has 6 tracks/7 songs, and it's 26 minutes. Its length fits the criteria for an album. Those aren't hard and fast rules either...Opeth's Still Life and Orchid are only 7 tracks and they are full length albums. Fantomas' Delìrium Còrdia is a full length album that is one track.

Opiate is an album. It is also an EP.

Last edited by hushypushy; 05-29-2007 at 03:45 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote