View Single Post
thatlldo
01-31-2011, 03:45 AM

I've been to a show on every tour Tool have ever done to NZ and unfortunately although this was the highest production show we've ever seen, the band performance was probably the worst.

Just so many errors and seemed to not really be nailing stuff. Maynard choosing to leave sections out is just frustrating too. I think they could've done with a bit more rehearsal before coming out as everything just seemed a little edgy. Live sound was nowhere near as good as BDO '07 either.
Still awesome to see them again tho! - Third Eye, Patient and Intolerance were awesome!

Also i would've thought that given we'd all stood in the rain in the D barricade for hours to see them up close they would've played for as long as possible. Seeing that photo of the setlist with The Pot after Stinkfist was heartbreaking.
I swear Maynard sung thru Adam starting the extended Stinkfist too. Not how people reckon Adam was the one to make the mistake. No videos up on youtube yet tho so can't check it..

Last edited by thatlldo; 01-31-2011 at 03:50 AM..
Old 01-31-2011, 03:45 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.21.11 - Big Day Out - Auckland

I've been to a show on every tour Tool have ever done to NZ and unfortunately although this was the highest production show we've ever seen, the band performance was probably the worst.

Just so many errors and seemed to not really be nailing stuff. Maynard choosing to leave sections out is just frustrating too. I think they could've done with a bit more rehearsal before coming out as everything just seemed a little edgy. Live sound was nowhere near as good as BDO '07 either.
Still awesome to see them again tho! - Third Eye, Patient and Intolerance were awesome!

Also i would've thought that given we'd all stood in the rain in the D barricade for hours to see them up close they would've played for as long as possible. Seeing that photo of the setlist with The Pot after Stinkfist was heartbreaking.
I swear Maynard sung thru Adam starting the extended Stinkfist too. Not how people reckon Adam was the one to make the mistake. No videos up on youtube yet tho so can't check it..

Last edited by thatlldo; 01-31-2011 at 03:50 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote