View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #94
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella0714 View Post
I have 2 opinions on this show. First of all Tool played amazing. They were on key with all the notes and Maynard sounded great, as usual. Now leads me to the setlist. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sorry but how could you not play Sober. That is the song that put Tool on the map. Opiate and Undertow are amazing cds and they played nothing, let me repeat that, NOTHING from them. I totally disagree with the way they are going with their music.
This was the 10,000 days Tour. They had to play mostly 10,000 days songs.

Quote:
They were a kick ass rock band and now all there songs are just music and very few songs with Maynard singing thoughout the song. It seems as the band is pissed off with Maynard because of A Perfect Circle and say hey lets show that we are the best part of Tool and lets keep playing without him singing.
No.. they're not pissed off at him... they are experimenting with new sounds and such. Maynard sings a lot in 10,000 days and they are GREAT lyrics. Didn't you see Tool chilling out after Wings for Marie? They still seem tight. If a band isn't tight with each other, they wouldn't make a great band.

Quote:
Oh and who do they think they are to first of all always charge $60 or more for their shows and charge $38 and $43 for a t-shirt. Are they kidding me. Don't get me wrong, they are an amazing band and all the new stuff sounds good but its just not the same anymore. Tool has changed and not for the better in my eyes.
It's like that at every concert. If the band has merchandise, they sell it way overpriced at the concert place.

Quote:
I know everyone is gonna disagree but I know there are some of you out there who will agree with me. Aenima is better than Lateralus and Lateralus is better than 10,000 Days. Tool is on decline and I wouldn't be surprised if they were done making albums.
Listen, they aren't in a decline. They are actually getting better. Aenima was a heavy album. Maybe you're more into heavy music more than Toolish music. I dont know who you are but maybe that's the case. In my opinion, they are evolving into a great band still.

Quote:
If they are not, go back to your 4 maybe 5 minute songs and just rock out. Sober, Prison Sex, Aenima, Stinkfist, 46 & 2, anything from Opiate... etc. They are all songs that just rock out and are not long songs. Sweet and get to the point. Again, the show was great sounding wise and the lasers were a great addition to the show, but setlist wise, I totally disagree with the way Tool are going. They are not Pink Floyd and should not sound like them. I think they are a better rock band and should play rock plain and simple.

It's your taste so i can't say anything bad. If you liked their shorter songs, thats you. But they are not getting worse. I'm guessing you're not a musician so you wouldn't understand this, but can you think of a lot of bands who change time signatures, remember all the notes, riffs, etc. for an 7+ minute song? Not a lot of bands can do it. Try playing Wings for Marie Pt. 1 and 2 without anything in front of you. They are not trying to be Pink Floyd, and they definately don't sound like them. They sound more like Zepplin like their influence is.

They are not a rock band. They are not a heavy metal band. They are Tool. They have their own genre.
OFFLINE |