View Single Post
Freese
07-05-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stringaxe View Post
Well after reading some people's reaction to how awesome this crowd was, I feel I may have generalized a bit. The people immediately around me were pretty timid, especially the asshole next to me who stood there like a statue the whole damn show looking angry. Still, this totally tops the last Tool show I saw, and I hope to see many more
Everyone watches and experiences live music differently, sir. Just because someone remains stoic throughout a show doesn't mean that he's "angry" or an "asshole." Perhaps the "statue" next to you was having a bad day and was just trying to pretend that every thing was ok, just as Maynard told him to do. Again, everyone responds to live music differently, and just because he wasn't jumping up and down and waving his hands like he just doesn't care doesn't mean that he wasn't enjoying himself.

I saw so many happy people at this show, and it was quite surprising. The last "metal" show I went to was System of a Down back in 2005, and I saw people fighting and yelling at each other. I expected a similar thing to occur at the Tool show, but I met so many happy and fun people!

Last edited by Freese; 07-05-2010 at 12:25 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.19.2010 - New Orleans, LA @ UNO Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stringaxe View Post
Well after reading some people's reaction to how awesome this crowd was, I feel I may have generalized a bit. The people immediately around me were pretty timid, especially the asshole next to me who stood there like a statue the whole damn show looking angry. Still, this totally tops the last Tool show I saw, and I hope to see many more
Everyone watches and experiences live music differently, sir. Just because someone remains stoic throughout a show doesn't mean that he's "angry" or an "asshole." Perhaps the "statue" next to you was having a bad day and was just trying to pretend that every thing was ok, just as Maynard told him to do. Again, everyone responds to live music differently, and just because he wasn't jumping up and down and waving his hands like he just doesn't care doesn't mean that he wasn't enjoying himself.

I saw so many happy people at this show, and it was quite surprising. The last "metal" show I went to was System of a Down back in 2005, and I saw people fighting and yelling at each other. I expected a similar thing to occur at the Tool show, but I met so many happy and fun people!

Last edited by Freese; 07-05-2010 at 12:25 PM..
OFFLINE |