View Single Post
yourealizethis
08-02-2009, 08:19 PM

So this was my 6th show I believe. We got there about an hour b4 Tool hit the stage and we realized that we left the tickets @ the hotel which was really only about 15 min. away. Because of traffic lights, silly GPS systems and "special" brownies we got back in the middle of "Forty Six and 2". i was pretty irked. i couldnt believe that my brother and boyfriends saved my parking spot. I wish i wouldve just drove back to where they were, but i didnt. i parked in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere. each time i see Tool it's a different experience, so even if they do play the same setlist night after night, as annoyed as i am, i can focus on some new things. there are 4 of them onstage and always mind-blowing lights. I don't always end up w/general admission tix but did this time because of ebay. Ebay sucks and so does the fact that their official site said that tickets would be on sale on the wrong date. anyhoo...

I loved the little alien-abduction eye thing b4 Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned. I'm not really sure if Maynard was into the show or not. I think he performed pretty well minus those last lines of "Vicarious". I wouldve liked to hear Rosetta Stoned more clearly. i wonder if he was mouthing of random jibberish or "conversing w/himself" as others have so aptly put.
Usually I get a T-shirt but they did'nt have the one I wanted in my size @ that particular merch booth. They said I could walk to one of the other different ones to see if they have it....blah fuck that.

i wouldve rather them come to some place like Merriweather. just someplace closer. i love Tool I really do. they are my favorite band. they are something to be experienced, but they should breathe some new life in their setlists. i realize that w/an elaborate set production, all that is limited. theres only so long they can do that b4 i go "okay whats up guys? what kinda shenanigans is this 900 shows in a row w/the same setlist thing? your fans really are tools, huh"

im not disappointed. im not suprised. im just glad, my love, got to experience one of my loves for himself.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #50
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

So this was my 6th show I believe. We got there about an hour b4 Tool hit the stage and we realized that we left the tickets @ the hotel which was really only about 15 min. away. Because of traffic lights, silly GPS systems and "special" brownies we got back in the middle of "Forty Six and 2". i was pretty irked. i couldnt believe that my brother and boyfriends saved my parking spot. I wish i wouldve just drove back to where they were, but i didnt. i parked in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere. each time i see Tool it's a different experience, so even if they do play the same setlist night after night, as annoyed as i am, i can focus on some new things. there are 4 of them onstage and always mind-blowing lights. I don't always end up w/general admission tix but did this time because of ebay. Ebay sucks and so does the fact that their official site said that tickets would be on sale on the wrong date. anyhoo...

I loved the little alien-abduction eye thing b4 Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned. I'm not really sure if Maynard was into the show or not. I think he performed pretty well minus those last lines of "Vicarious". I wouldve liked to hear Rosetta Stoned more clearly. i wonder if he was mouthing of random jibberish or "conversing w/himself" as others have so aptly put.
Usually I get a T-shirt but they did'nt have the one I wanted in my size @ that particular merch booth. They said I could walk to one of the other different ones to see if they have it....blah fuck that.

i wouldve rather them come to some place like Merriweather. just someplace closer. i love Tool I really do. they are my favorite band. they are something to be experienced, but they should breathe some new life in their setlists. i realize that w/an elaborate set production, all that is limited. theres only so long they can do that b4 i go "okay whats up guys? what kinda shenanigans is this 900 shows in a row w/the same setlist thing? your fans really are tools, huh"

im not disappointed. im not suprised. im just glad, my love, got to experience one of my loves for himself.
OFFLINE |