View Single Post
Inmate_666
07-31-2009, 08:22 PM

First Time at a TOOL Concert. Wow. "Holy Fucking Shit." As said before, I can't really put words to this experience. This show took you places. Most importantly, it was a life-changing experience.

First, I was on the floor near the front, and was on the left edge of the circle pit (and sometimes in it) which allowed me to move up closer, about 6 or 7 people behind the front gate. So I was right in the thick of it. The crowd rocked, and at points it almost felt like everyone in the arena were one. Between Jambi and Flood you really got it going.

Second, the music. God dammit, I can't listen to music again and not have it be the same. They rocked the house and minus some technical issues / failures it was perfect. The Setlist was fantastic (I don't get why some people complain about wanting this or that or that this was from 2007, fuck you its their music let them play what the fuck they want to. If you don't like it, don't come next time.)

Third, Maynard was great based on the comments from previous nights. I didn't know too much shit being thrown on stage or too many flashes, so I guess that helped him. As for him being in the shadows, I liked it because it goes back to the "its the music not the people" paradigm that TOOL has. He thanked us, and at the end of the show bowed and waved goodbye and left on his own terms. It is his style and I can live with that. His "take care of each other" and "welcome home" comments made an impression on me, and the more I think about his comments, it really set the mental tone and helped with that "taking you places" aspect of the show.

Fourth, the visuals. Jesus. They took it on a whole different level, and made the music something entirely different.

The crowd, music, and visuals just combined to make something greater and took you places. You never realized it until the show was over and you got in your car to go home. Even a day after the show I am still in awe how fucking amazing and mindblowing these guys are. Hands down the best show I have ever seen.

I would like to thank Adam, Danny, Justin, and Maynard and everyone else who made that show possible. You guys have turned music into something more than just music.
To quote Napoleon "Music is the voice that tells us that the human race is greater than it knows. " Thank you TOOL.

EDIT -- The Judas Priest comment is lame. His voice has something like a 4 octave range, which is crazy. You might as well be comparing Maynard to Pavarotti.

Last edited by Inmate_666; 07-31-2009 at 08:27 PM..
Old 07-31-2009, 08:22 PM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

First Time at a TOOL Concert. Wow. "Holy Fucking Shit." As said before, I can't really put words to this experience. This show took you places. Most importantly, it was a life-changing experience.

First, I was on the floor near the front, and was on the left edge of the circle pit (and sometimes in it) which allowed me to move up closer, about 6 or 7 people behind the front gate. So I was right in the thick of it. The crowd rocked, and at points it almost felt like everyone in the arena were one. Between Jambi and Flood you really got it going.

Second, the music. God dammit, I can't listen to music again and not have it be the same. They rocked the house and minus some technical issues / failures it was perfect. The Setlist was fantastic (I don't get why some people complain about wanting this or that or that this was from 2007, fuck you its their music let them play what the fuck they want to. If you don't like it, don't come next time.)

Third, Maynard was great based on the comments from previous nights. I didn't know too much shit being thrown on stage or too many flashes, so I guess that helped him. As for him being in the shadows, I liked it because it goes back to the "its the music not the people" paradigm that TOOL has. He thanked us, and at the end of the show bowed and waved goodbye and left on his own terms. It is his style and I can live with that. His "take care of each other" and "welcome home" comments made an impression on me, and the more I think about his comments, it really set the mental tone and helped with that "taking you places" aspect of the show.

Fourth, the visuals. Jesus. They took it on a whole different level, and made the music something entirely different.

The crowd, music, and visuals just combined to make something greater and took you places. You never realized it until the show was over and you got in your car to go home. Even a day after the show I am still in awe how fucking amazing and mindblowing these guys are. Hands down the best show I have ever seen.

I would like to thank Adam, Danny, Justin, and Maynard and everyone else who made that show possible. You guys have turned music into something more than just music.
To quote Napoleon "Music is the voice that tells us that the human race is greater than it knows. " Thank you TOOL.

EDIT -- The Judas Priest comment is lame. His voice has something like a 4 octave range, which is crazy. You might as well be comparing Maynard to Pavarotti.

Last edited by Inmate_666; 07-31-2009 at 08:27 PM..
OFFLINE |