View Single Post
aephaesis
07-31-2009, 06:28 PM

Second Tool show (first one Reading, PA 07). I read the reviews of this mini-tour each day and based on that, I was preparing for quiet vocals, overuse of the vocal sound effects and overall: to leave being dissapointed (like a repeat of 07 but not as good), so I came in kinda blah about it instead of pumped. I was excited to bring my husband since this was his first Tool show, so I figured it would be really good for a first timer. We didn't hear but the tail end of the opener, so it sucks to hear they were good :) The reviews didn't talk too highly of them that I felt it worth it to pay the babysitter an extra hour. But now I wish I forked out the $15. Oh well. When the drummer came out to play with Tool, I noticed his style is like he played quad toms in marching band. I hate watching a drummer and saying, "I can do that!" But I wouldn't want to be out there with Danny.. he is so freaking amazing.

Maynard sang great. Not good, but GREAT. Loud, crystal, GREAT, I tell you. It seems like we, at the Patriot Center, were lucky because that was the biggest complaint of the previous shows this mini-tour. It was clearer than when I saw them in 07. It was just plain great. Good seats and view, Section 117, K.

Flood was GREAT to hear again.. you can't listen to Flood on a cd and expect it to be anything close to what it is live.. that is a true live song.

I am 5 months pregnant, so I got some interesting looks, someone said "now THAT'S dedication!" Damn, right! But this was the little guys first Tool concert and he liked it a lot! I can't wait to take him to his next one(s)!! I saw some other pregnant girls there too.. never noticed them at a show before, but I probably never was looking before either.

Traffic was great to and from. I live in Fairfax, so very convienent. I paid a lot because of buying through a website. But it was worth it.. seriously worth it.

To the guy who saw Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.. I have seen Judas Priest and I know what you are talking about with his 30 second scream thing.... (on bullet train, right?) he is just a freak of nature with that talent.. that does not in any way negate how awesome Maynard sounded last night. I would prefer Mayards voice over Ripper any day.

NOT DISSAPOINTED IN ANY WAY-AT ALL.

BTW, I created this account in NC and now live in VA.. anyone know how to change my location on the profile?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:28 PM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

Second Tool show (first one Reading, PA 07). I read the reviews of this mini-tour each day and based on that, I was preparing for quiet vocals, overuse of the vocal sound effects and overall: to leave being dissapointed (like a repeat of 07 but not as good), so I came in kinda blah about it instead of pumped. I was excited to bring my husband since this was his first Tool show, so I figured it would be really good for a first timer. We didn't hear but the tail end of the opener, so it sucks to hear they were good :) The reviews didn't talk too highly of them that I felt it worth it to pay the babysitter an extra hour. But now I wish I forked out the $15. Oh well. When the drummer came out to play with Tool, I noticed his style is like he played quad toms in marching band. I hate watching a drummer and saying, "I can do that!" But I wouldn't want to be out there with Danny.. he is so freaking amazing.

Maynard sang great. Not good, but GREAT. Loud, crystal, GREAT, I tell you. It seems like we, at the Patriot Center, were lucky because that was the biggest complaint of the previous shows this mini-tour. It was clearer than when I saw them in 07. It was just plain great. Good seats and view, Section 117, K.

Flood was GREAT to hear again.. you can't listen to Flood on a cd and expect it to be anything close to what it is live.. that is a true live song.

I am 5 months pregnant, so I got some interesting looks, someone said "now THAT'S dedication!" Damn, right! But this was the little guys first Tool concert and he liked it a lot! I can't wait to take him to his next one(s)!! I saw some other pregnant girls there too.. never noticed them at a show before, but I probably never was looking before either.

Traffic was great to and from. I live in Fairfax, so very convienent. I paid a lot because of buying through a website. But it was worth it.. seriously worth it.

To the guy who saw Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.. I have seen Judas Priest and I know what you are talking about with his 30 second scream thing.... (on bullet train, right?) he is just a freak of nature with that talent.. that does not in any way negate how awesome Maynard sounded last night. I would prefer Mayards voice over Ripper any day.

NOT DISSAPOINTED IN ANY WAY-AT ALL.

BTW, I created this account in NC and now live in VA.. anyone know how to change my location on the profile?
OFFLINE |