View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 07:54 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/05/12 - Minneapolis, MN - Orpheum Theatre

I'd definitely agree on the sound aspect, except that only the vocals mildly bothered me. From the begining of Rosetta Stoned, they weren't very loud. Luckily I sang along in my head, and I just knew what he was saying, but to anyone who wasn't a total fan, you may have been even more let down.

They sorta worked it out later on, or it could be just his walkie talkie thing he was talking into, but the vocals seemed a bit more solid. Also could of been just he was singing louder, as the quiet parts of songs, ala The Patient, were still soft.

I think it was partially because I was in the front row, and the speakers seemed just out of our range. -shrug- Probably about as good of a sound quality you'd get if they played at the XCel, since it's so much bigger.

That aside, I'm not a sound tech/instrumental guy in any way, so to me, the rest of the band sounded fine. I was too into the show to notice anything of that nature anyhow.

The show itself was awesome. Not too much chatter, just song after song, which was good in it's own way. I didn't keep track of time, but if it WAS an hour and fourty five minutes, how is that in any way short ?... Geez.

As far as Tool not moving around.. that's just how they are really. The setlist I could see maybe doing a few alterations for, but I'm sure most fans didn't browse online every day to see what songs they were playing, and just went to the show. :P I'd imagine after not playing for years, you're probably still tryin to get the new songs down pat, and probably don't want to throw too much into the mix, so early on. With the following full US tour, I'm sure they'll mix it up here and there. Who knows.

That all aside, I loved the show. Being in the front row was just crazy, it felt like I was seeing them in some small ass club, and no one was trying to mash me into the security bar. When they do come back, I'll be sad to have to be sitting probably in the middle of no where at the Xcel :P
OFFLINE |