View Single Post
Exact Functor's Avatar Exact Functor
04-11-2006, 08:31 PM

I re-read the Andy King review in the light of new information (track names and times) and things seem to fit together very well.
For example,

Track 6 “Lipan Conjuring” (1min)
In which Maynard becomes a Native American for no good reason. Strange, but we like a bit of strangeness.

Track 7 “Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)”/ “Rosetta Stoned” (14min 45sec)
(Could be two medium length tracks and a terribly short one, too. I’m now losing the will to live with the stopwatch. It’s 14min 45sec of music, whatever) Guitars to the fore again. One long note with almost blues-like, overlaid note progressions. f@!# me, it’s House Of The Rising Sun cut with Ketamine. There are unsettling whispers and talking. Is this a bad trip or a psychiatry session? Come to think of it, is there a difference?

Track 11 “Viginti Tres”
The walk out track (their description not mine). Oddness. The Noodles of Satan.

etc. etc.

http://www.fourtheye.net/?page_id=204

He mentions The Pot as a very commercial track, so perhaps that will be the second single?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #46
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Andy King review revisited

I re-read the Andy King review in the light of new information (track names and times) and things seem to fit together very well.
For example,

Track 6 “Lipan Conjuring” (1min)
In which Maynard becomes a Native American for no good reason. Strange, but we like a bit of strangeness.

Track 7 “Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)”/ “Rosetta Stoned” (14min 45sec)
(Could be two medium length tracks and a terribly short one, too. I’m now losing the will to live with the stopwatch. It’s 14min 45sec of music, whatever) Guitars to the fore again. One long note with almost blues-like, overlaid note progressions. f@!# me, it’s House Of The Rising Sun cut with Ketamine. There are unsettling whispers and talking. Is this a bad trip or a psychiatry session? Come to think of it, is there a difference?

Track 11 “Viginti Tres”
The walk out track (their description not mine). Oddness. The Noodles of Satan.

etc. etc.

http://www.fourtheye.net/?page_id=204

He mentions The Pot as a very commercial track, so perhaps that will be the second single?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote