View Single Post
tooligan5
10-25-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asymptotic View Post
[SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS]

10/24 Salt Lake City, UT

- 3TEETH fucking suck.
- Opened with Third Eye. Third Eye is the absolute worst song to open with. It's not an energetic, hard-hitting song. It's not that impressive live, in general.
- Lights, lasers, and videos/imagery are fucking awesome (highlight of the show)
- Maynard has absolutely no voice. Everyone knows that but it bears repeating. There will be no aggressive singing on the new (LOL) album.
- Maynard didn't even attempt the yell in The Grudge
- Extended version of Opiate is cool.
- There was some new instrumental song that I'd never heard before. I really liked it.
- Played Sweat. Crowd had no idea with they were playing.
- Nothing off of Undertow (lame).
- There was a 12 minute intermission with a countdown timer in lights.
- Closed out with Stinkfist. No encore. Per usual, Maynard ran off the stage like the pretentious cunt that he is. Adam, Justin, and Danny were gracious to their fans.

My guess at the setlist. This is very close, if not all the songs they played. The order is certainly wrong.

Third Eye
The Grudge
Parabol/a
Aenima
46&2
Opiate (extended)
Sweat
*Instrumental*
Jambi
Schism
Stinkfist
I simply could not disagree with you more on third eye. It's s goddamn great opener. You are correct your setlist order is wrong - go to setlist fm if you want correct order.

I thought Maynard sounded great (he was a bit buried in the mix) - grudge and parabola, not lay ups, were good, come on. He doesn't need to scream for 39'fucking seconds for it to be good.

I will say, ole Maynard seemed to be into the show. Alot of folks always say he looks disinterested. Seemed to enjoy himself. Justin sure did as well, even more so than usual it seemed.

I HATE the intermission. What a way to kill the crowd. And then to come out of it with Danny solo, sweat and stinkfist. Sit around for 12 mins and they play for maybe 12 more max.

Over and done in under 2 hours with intermission. Not a surprise I know but man they always leave you wanting more. Just one or two more songs.

Was hoping for more of ascending descending but knew deep down that was not going to happen.

Good show as always.
Phoenix 10/30/01, Tucson 7/18/02, Tempe 5/6/06, Los Angeles 9/7/06, Los Angeles 9/8/06, Tucson 5/6/07, Phoenix 7/21/09, Las Vegas 7/16/10, Tucson 1/17/12, Phoenix 3/17/14, Tempe 10/31/15, San Francisco 1/6/16, Salt Lake 10/24/16
Old 10-25-2016, 11:38 PM   #4859
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by asymptotic View Post
[SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS]

10/24 Salt Lake City, UT

- 3TEETH fucking suck.
- Opened with Third Eye. Third Eye is the absolute worst song to open with. It's not an energetic, hard-hitting song. It's not that impressive live, in general.
- Lights, lasers, and videos/imagery are fucking awesome (highlight of the show)
- Maynard has absolutely no voice. Everyone knows that but it bears repeating. There will be no aggressive singing on the new (LOL) album.
- Maynard didn't even attempt the yell in The Grudge
- Extended version of Opiate is cool.
- There was some new instrumental song that I'd never heard before. I really liked it.
- Played Sweat. Crowd had no idea with they were playing.
- Nothing off of Undertow (lame).
- There was a 12 minute intermission with a countdown timer in lights.
- Closed out with Stinkfist. No encore. Per usual, Maynard ran off the stage like the pretentious cunt that he is. Adam, Justin, and Danny were gracious to their fans.

My guess at the setlist. This is very close, if not all the songs they played. The order is certainly wrong.

Third Eye
The Grudge
Parabol/a
Aenima
46&2
Opiate (extended)
Sweat
*Instrumental*
Jambi
Schism
Stinkfist
I simply could not disagree with you more on third eye. It's s goddamn great opener. You are correct your setlist order is wrong - go to setlist fm if you want correct order.

I thought Maynard sounded great (he was a bit buried in the mix) - grudge and parabola, not lay ups, were good, come on. He doesn't need to scream for 39'fucking seconds for it to be good.

I will say, ole Maynard seemed to be into the show. Alot of folks always say he looks disinterested. Seemed to enjoy himself. Justin sure did as well, even more so than usual it seemed.

I HATE the intermission. What a way to kill the crowd. And then to come out of it with Danny solo, sweat and stinkfist. Sit around for 12 mins and they play for maybe 12 more max.

Over and done in under 2 hours with intermission. Not a surprise I know but man they always leave you wanting more. Just one or two more songs.

Was hoping for more of ascending descending but knew deep down that was not going to happen.

Good show as always.
Phoenix 10/30/01, Tucson 7/18/02, Tempe 5/6/06, Los Angeles 9/7/06, Los Angeles 9/8/06, Tucson 5/6/07, Phoenix 7/21/09, Las Vegas 7/16/10, Tucson 1/17/12, Phoenix 3/17/14, Tempe 10/31/15, San Francisco 1/6/16, Salt Lake 10/24/16
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote