View Single Post
asymptotic's Avatar asymptotic
10-25-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asymptotic View Post

10/24 Salt Lake City, UT

- 3TEETH fucking suck.
- Opened with Third Eye. Third Eye is the absolute worst song to open with. It's not an energetic, hard-hitting song. It's not that impressive live, in general.
- Lights, lasers, and videos/imagery are fucking awesome (highlight of the show)
- Maynard has absolutely no voice. Everyone knows that but it bears repeating. There will be no aggressive singing on the new (LOL) album.
- Maynard didn't even attempt the yell in The Grudge
- Extended version of Opiate is cool.
- There was some new instrumental song that I'd never heard before. I really liked it.
- Played Sweat. Crowd had no idea with they were playing.
- Nothing off of Undertow (lame).
- There was a 12 minute intermission with a countdown timer in lights.
- Closed out with Stinkfist. No encore. Per usual, Maynard ran off the stage like the pretentious cunt that he is. Adam, Justin, and Danny were gracious to their fans.

My guess at the setlist. This is very close, if not all the songs they played. The order is certainly wrong.

Third Eye
The Grudge
Parabol/a
Aenima
46&2
Opiate (extended)
Sweat
*Instrumental*
Jambi
Schism
Stinkfist
I just re-read my review from the SLC show and it comes off more negative than I intended. I wrote that after walking 9 miles home (no hyperbole; FUCK YOU LYFT) so I was tired and bitchy. I figured I'd add a bit more clarity and detail:

I've seen Tool 6-7 times now, so I'm quite familiar with their live style. Overall, it was a very solid show. I missed not hearing Sober since it's one of my all-time favorites and because it's so good live.

To reiterate, I was extremely impressed with the visuals, lights, and lasers. A very colorful show. I know they've reused video before in past shows, but they had a large amount of new very Tool-ish material this time around. They certainly didn't skimp in the production department.

I think Third Eye and 46&2 had an extended portions.

Danny had a little drum solo sesh.

Maynard didn't speak much. Here's what he did say:

- "Ssssssssalt Lake?"
- "So, I noticed there are a lot coffee shops around town. What's up with that, Jack?" (somewhat comical reference to Mormonism's anti-coffee stance and the term Jack-Mormon, which is used to label the little sinner Mormons.)
- "This is going to do it for us. Make sure you take care of each other out there."

Posters are $45. Signed ones are $150. Feel free to snag one of the signed custom bass drum heads for a cool $1500 (or was it only $1200?).
Old 10-25-2016, 10:46 AM   #4851
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by asymptotic View Post

10/24 Salt Lake City, UT

- 3TEETH fucking suck.
- Opened with Third Eye. Third Eye is the absolute worst song to open with. It's not an energetic, hard-hitting song. It's not that impressive live, in general.
- Lights, lasers, and videos/imagery are fucking awesome (highlight of the show)
- Maynard has absolutely no voice. Everyone knows that but it bears repeating. There will be no aggressive singing on the new (LOL) album.
- Maynard didn't even attempt the yell in The Grudge
- Extended version of Opiate is cool.
- There was some new instrumental song that I'd never heard before. I really liked it.
- Played Sweat. Crowd had no idea with they were playing.
- Nothing off of Undertow (lame).
- There was a 12 minute intermission with a countdown timer in lights.
- Closed out with Stinkfist. No encore. Per usual, Maynard ran off the stage like the pretentious cunt that he is. Adam, Justin, and Danny were gracious to their fans.

My guess at the setlist. This is very close, if not all the songs they played. The order is certainly wrong.

Third Eye
The Grudge
Parabol/a
Aenima
46&2
Opiate (extended)
Sweat
*Instrumental*
Jambi
Schism
Stinkfist
I just re-read my review from the SLC show and it comes off more negative than I intended. I wrote that after walking 9 miles home (no hyperbole; FUCK YOU LYFT) so I was tired and bitchy. I figured I'd add a bit more clarity and detail:

I've seen Tool 6-7 times now, so I'm quite familiar with their live style. Overall, it was a very solid show. I missed not hearing Sober since it's one of my all-time favorites and because it's so good live.

To reiterate, I was extremely impressed with the visuals, lights, and lasers. A very colorful show. I know they've reused video before in past shows, but they had a large amount of new very Tool-ish material this time around. They certainly didn't skimp in the production department.

I think Third Eye and 46&2 had an extended portions.

Danny had a little drum solo sesh.

Maynard didn't speak much. Here's what he did say:

- "Ssssssssalt Lake?"
- "So, I noticed there are a lot coffee shops around town. What's up with that, Jack?" (somewhat comical reference to Mormonism's anti-coffee stance and the term Jack-Mormon, which is used to label the little sinner Mormons.)
- "This is going to do it for us. Make sure you take care of each other out there."

Posters are $45. Signed ones are $150. Feel free to snag one of the signed custom bass drum heads for a cool $1500 (or was it only $1200?).
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote