View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 07:59 AM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/27 - George, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

This was my 6th TOOL show and this music live keeps evolving to sounds so powerfull it is hard to show it in words. I was in the 27th row in section C and the sound produced at the Gorge ruins a concert at any other venue in the pacific northwest... I am well aware of the Wings 1 & 2 not being played so far and I was hoping for that to be played.... I knew we were in for the same exact setlist once they busted into stinkfist at the beggining just like they have played ever since Coachella this year... if you heard someone screaming the names of the songs before they were about to be played like Jambi, Schism and Rossetta then you heard me... I am pretty sure I got the attention of Maynard and Adam when doing this... I thought for sure they would attempt to try and mix it up because of that but i was dreaming in wonderland...

This is the truth: I have some good friends who own the Slushi stands at the Gorge and another good friend who works with them almost every Gorge show.. There is a lower Stand and an upper stand.. The lower stand while working there you can see the stage pretty good... They would not allow ANYONE, not even security down below durring the sound check.. So my good friend had to stay up at the upper stand durring the playing of Wings 1 & 2, they also played stinkfist 3 times, and i had previously warned him that there was a strong possibility that they would play Wings at the soundcheck.. so he took advantage to that, bringing in a top of the line recording device... Yes I got the copy of it yesterday from him and it is far beyond anything you can hope for on this song.... ITS time NOW, My Time NOW, give me MY, GIVE me MY COPY OF WINGS!.....
:-)

I am always wishing they would play older stuff but I do think the fans who got to see them back on the Aenima tour and prior to that are the only ones that can say they heard the best of the best, dont get me wrong, i love the new stuff more then life, but when they busted into sweat the first time i saw in them in 98' at the mercer arena on august 23rd will be something i never forget, and ending with flood is just a good solid life changing memory...

Jason
West Seattle
OFFLINE |