View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:55 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/30 - Washington D.C. - Verizon Arena

I believe what he said was, "We'd like to give a shoutout.... to a special guest. Mr GW" Then there were the boos, and the confusion. Then Maynard said, "Yeah right, you think I'd invite that fuckin clown?"

My first tool show ever. And it was amazing.

Isis sucked. The three guitarist to the left were all moving together like it was a choreographed seizure. And what was with the keyboard players leg? Anyone else see that? Shaking like he had to piss real bad. My brother pointed it out to me and I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of his set. The lead singer's voice wasn't all bad, but he would only sing for about 10 seconds, and then it would be 2 minutes of the same riff over and over. Why do they need 4 guitarists.... They could suck with one.... and their name backwards is SISI.

But Tool............. Man............. Rocked that shit. When he said Pitt was louder, he got some cheers. Then he said, "Nope. They were still louder." And I thought it got pretty loud. Then he said, "Look. I'm going to give you one last chance." That's when I thought a damn train was coming through the place.

One thing I really liked about Maynard was his stage presence. Even though he stays in the back... Anyone notice his mic boom was taller than him, but when he sang into it, his voice made him taller than the building. And the way he moved. During Stinkfist when the lights were going crazy, he looked like a demon or something, and I just lost it.

___________ Bottom line - I have never seen anything like that. And I will never miss a show when they come back around..... 4years, how many days????
OFFLINE |