View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:52 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/30 - Washington D.C. - Verizon Arena

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER.
just under 20,000 people at that show last night. after about halfway through the show there was about fifteen more people per row than seats (in section 100) i didnt mind at all. loved how maynard opened up trashin on W, "I'de like to introduce you to our special geust, Mr. GW... Just kidding i'de never invite that fucking clown" im surprised the crowd didnt boo bush as much as i thought they should. after 10000 days they band all put their instruments down and sat down on center stage, maynard lit a lighter and 6000 people followed in seconds, then after a short chill session, where i saw about a dozen people light up their joints, they al jumped back and started playin lateralus and the whole arena went apeshit. Danny was on all night, he had some crazy drum solos during schism. Overal the whole show was incredible, but prices on everything were jacked up like shit, $38 a tshirt(but i got it anyway), and like $70 for a hoodie, but mostly $7 a beer cashed my wallet before Isis even finshed their set(btw Isis had teribble acoustics, the only thing they were worth was giving people time to get drunk before tool came on). most of the people i saw inside had all been to at least a couple tool shows before, they were all chill even though everybody was in eachothers seats. Vicarious sounded great live, the whole lineup was incredible. I just wished they'de played third eye or anything off the opiate album. Just a great show, helluva enviroment to candyflip with all the laser lights and videos, definitly memorable

VOTE MAYNARD 2008!
OFFLINE |