View Single Post
BigDeer
01-28-2016, 07:46 AM

Hey all,

First time poster...

I went to the St. Louis show with high expectations for Tool and came away super amped about the show as well as becoming a Primus fan.

I youtubed some of 3Teeths stuff before going to the show and it was ok, but hearing them live was cool. Didn't understand most of what they sang but I've been listening to them since and they are growing on me.

Primus I have heard the stuff that was on MTV etc, but what hooked me was hearing Les playing live on that sweet bass. Made all the songs awesome and now when I hear them I remember him slappin that bass. Loved hearing Those Damn Blue Collared Tweekers and Southbound Pachyderm. Primus did a great job and some people around me were there to see them first and tool second, thought that was cool.

Tool was exceptional in my eyes. The visual along with the sound and precision was extremely pleasing. I took a buddy that had never listened to them until our drive to STL and he was amazed with their sound and the visual show. Of course MJK hung out next to DC in the shadows but I knew that was coming. I enjoyed the extended version of Stinkfist, No Quarter sounded great. What made the night for me was DC's solo after intermission and going straight into Sweat...that was badass.

Hopefully a new album hits soon and they tour through again, I'm seeing them again!
Old 01-28-2016, 07:46 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: REVIEW - Jan 22nd St Louis

Hey all,

First time poster...

I went to the St. Louis show with high expectations for Tool and came away super amped about the show as well as becoming a Primus fan.

I youtubed some of 3Teeths stuff before going to the show and it was ok, but hearing them live was cool. Didn't understand most of what they sang but I've been listening to them since and they are growing on me.

Primus I have heard the stuff that was on MTV etc, but what hooked me was hearing Les playing live on that sweet bass. Made all the songs awesome and now when I hear them I remember him slappin that bass. Loved hearing Those Damn Blue Collared Tweekers and Southbound Pachyderm. Primus did a great job and some people around me were there to see them first and tool second, thought that was cool.

Tool was exceptional in my eyes. The visual along with the sound and precision was extremely pleasing. I took a buddy that had never listened to them until our drive to STL and he was amazed with their sound and the visual show. Of course MJK hung out next to DC in the shadows but I knew that was coming. I enjoyed the extended version of Stinkfist, No Quarter sounded great. What made the night for me was DC's solo after intermission and going straight into Sweat...that was badass.

Hopefully a new album hits soon and they tour through again, I'm seeing them again!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote