View Single Post
Old 12-12-2002, 01:52 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Okay, the song starts with this metaphor about eating carrots. We destroy life to live. It's always been this way. It probably will remain this way for a very long time. Think about the millions of acres of forest we have cleared to make way for this dungheap of a country we call America. And along with every tree we killed, we killed the squirrels and bees and grubs that lived in it. We had to so we could reach the atrocious levels of population we have reached.

And the song ends with a man stalking across a field to kill 2 people. After all, he's God's son, Satan's cousin. Or maybe brother. After all, these are his people to do with as he pleases. What right do they have to choose? They are alive, same as carrots, before we kill them. So we can eat them. Because they are HIS.

What it comes down to to me is a statement about morality. Why is it any less wrong to kill a vegetable so we can eat it, than to kill people just cause we can? And hey, If I don't kill them, he might think, then overpopulation is my fault.

And the 13 "Unlucky number" thing, this started out with Judaism, with a hebrew mystical system that had numbers equal to letters. 13 was the number of God, and of love, and of infinity. And when Christianity came along and decided, We are Rome, we will have power. Hmm, why not take away peoples mystical beliefs? What better way to take away their power for ouselves? And so 13 became an evil number. Same as 666. Nothing at all to do with the Devil if you go back far enough. But believe that by the time you find it, you'll know why it was stifled, you'll know why it was seen as evil, a threat to the powerful remaining powerful. The number of the beast, but they don't tell you that they are the beast you should truly fear.