View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 06:21 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
the meaning behind the 69's

Soem quick input towards the meaning behind the track placement:

Disgustipated is placed as track 69, since the line is "life feeds on life," and well, 69 is a well-known sexual position where the two mates "feed off each other." It also claims that this is nesscary for living, and essentially that'd we be nowhere if we didn't feed off each other, like parasites. We'd be nowhere without others, and others would be nowhere without each and everyone of us. It's the same deal with the goverment, tyranic establishments, etc. Where would they be if they didn't have you to leech off of?
Of course, the album's length reaches out to 69:13 after lots of seemingly useless cricket chirping. Another reference to 69, "life feeds on life," and of course the number 13, "the unlucky number." Basically, I take this to mean that "life feeds on life, this is nesscary. But also, this will be our downfall. Eventually we'll have leeched off each other so much, that they'll be nothing left of either of us." Ultimately, it will be our end, even if it is nesscary.

Or maybe I'm reading too far into it? I'd like to hear what you think about my theory, so please feel free to comment.