View Single Post
wilkez
07-11-2010, 04:08 PM

It was the typical setlist, I'm too lazy to type it out!

When I heard tool was coming and tickets were on sale, all I said was I wanted to see third eye, and I knew there was a good chance since they don't have a new album out for this tour. And boy, it lived up to everything I expected. It kicked so much ass to hear that song live, and tool played it so well. THe sound in GM Place (thats still the name to me) is unreal. The only problem I had with the show was that after hearing third eye as the opener, the rest of the songs couldn't compete with that. It's an experience to hear that song, not just another song to rock out to. It might have been better as a closer!

Other than that, highlights for me were the extended sections of stinkfist and schism, the epic drum solo by danny and the guy from rajas during lateralus, and intolerance. Like it was said above, intolerance was unreal live and they killed it.

basically, they killed the whole show. and killed me (I was at the show on crutches with a banged up hip). Hopefully they are back for more in the future
Old 07-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.09.2010 - Vancouver, BC @ GM Place

It was the typical setlist, I'm too lazy to type it out!

When I heard tool was coming and tickets were on sale, all I said was I wanted to see third eye, and I knew there was a good chance since they don't have a new album out for this tour. And boy, it lived up to everything I expected. It kicked so much ass to hear that song live, and tool played it so well. THe sound in GM Place (thats still the name to me) is unreal. The only problem I had with the show was that after hearing third eye as the opener, the rest of the songs couldn't compete with that. It's an experience to hear that song, not just another song to rock out to. It might have been better as a closer!

Other than that, highlights for me were the extended sections of stinkfist and schism, the epic drum solo by danny and the guy from rajas during lateralus, and intolerance. Like it was said above, intolerance was unreal live and they killed it.

basically, they killed the whole show. and killed me (I was at the show on crutches with a banged up hip). Hopefully they are back for more in the future
OFFLINE |