View Single Post
Lyla
04-16-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3989 View Post
Thats quote from third eye that you threw in their is from a Bill Hicks standup routine. Maynard was a big fan of Bill Hicks.
Okay, Maybe someone said this already and it is 4 am, and I have past my pumpkin hour, but if you actually listen to the song, and not just the quote there is a juxtaposition between Bill Hicks and What MJK is saying in the song. The song isn't about getting high, it's about musicians believing that they need drugs in order to produce great music- which MJK, says no you don't "so glad to see you once again, i thought that you were hiding from me, you thought that i had run away, chasing a trial of smokin' reason" ie. "Came out to watch you play, why are you running away"
This song is about our hypocritical legislation. It is about a system that is more interested in ruining lives then fixing problems. This message uses the examples of bs ganja trails to prove the point.
This song to me, says do something with yourself because your system is screwing you and it will continually do so until we do something about it. "kangaroo be stoned. He's guilty as the government".
Old 04-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #253
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: This song DOES have something to do with marijuana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3989 View Post
Thats quote from third eye that you threw in their is from a Bill Hicks standup routine. Maynard was a big fan of Bill Hicks.
Okay, Maybe someone said this already and it is 4 am, and I have past my pumpkin hour, but if you actually listen to the song, and not just the quote there is a juxtaposition between Bill Hicks and What MJK is saying in the song. The song isn't about getting high, it's about musicians believing that they need drugs in order to produce great music- which MJK, says no you don't "so glad to see you once again, i thought that you were hiding from me, you thought that i had run away, chasing a trial of smokin' reason" ie. "Came out to watch you play, why are you running away"
This song is about our hypocritical legislation. It is about a system that is more interested in ruining lives then fixing problems. This message uses the examples of bs ganja trails to prove the point.
This song to me, says do something with yourself because your system is screwing you and it will continually do so until we do something about it. "kangaroo be stoned. He's guilty as the government".