View Single Post
SayOw
07-06-2010, 07:50 AM

This was my 10th Tool show...

My only problem with the opener, and other 'hip-hop' acts is that they have to come out and make statements to validate their legitimacy ... Here's to all the motherf'ers that stuck with us, are you ready for some real hip-hop? We're straight from the streets, keeping it real...and on and on and on... how about shut up and prove it? Rap acts seem to always need to justify their presence and TELL you how real they are...

Now on to Tool...

I've seen every show they have had at the Xcel....and this show, I think, Maynard's vocals were the clearest they ever had been. Maynard's vocals were solid and crystal clear...which was totally awesome. As usual, he and the rest of the band didn't say too much to the crowd...and he quickly exited at the conclusion of the show.

Danny Carey, what can a person say? This guy is a machine. There is no better drummer touring (or otherwise) playing right now period. It's often tough to watch other members of the band or even the visuals during portions of songs where Danny is pounding on the skins with such power.

Adam is meticulous and Justin seemed to be genuinely rocking out during many of the songs.

Overall, this was a great show...loved every minute of it. The visuals were top-notch and although the band seemed to have a couple of issues throughout the show but, as Maynard stated towards the beginning and then at the end of the show, everything would be alright.

More of my review is here: http://sayow.blogspot.com/2010/07/to...ly-1-2010.html
Old 07-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #58
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

This was my 10th Tool show...

My only problem with the opener, and other 'hip-hop' acts is that they have to come out and make statements to validate their legitimacy ... Here's to all the motherf'ers that stuck with us, are you ready for some real hip-hop? We're straight from the streets, keeping it real...and on and on and on... how about shut up and prove it? Rap acts seem to always need to justify their presence and TELL you how real they are...

Now on to Tool...

I've seen every show they have had at the Xcel....and this show, I think, Maynard's vocals were the clearest they ever had been. Maynard's vocals were solid and crystal clear...which was totally awesome. As usual, he and the rest of the band didn't say too much to the crowd...and he quickly exited at the conclusion of the show.

Danny Carey, what can a person say? This guy is a machine. There is no better drummer touring (or otherwise) playing right now period. It's often tough to watch other members of the band or even the visuals during portions of songs where Danny is pounding on the skins with such power.

Adam is meticulous and Justin seemed to be genuinely rocking out during many of the songs.

Overall, this was a great show...loved every minute of it. The visuals were top-notch and although the band seemed to have a couple of issues throughout the show but, as Maynard stated towards the beginning and then at the end of the show, everything would be alright.

More of my review is here: http://sayow.blogspot.com/2010/07/to...ly-1-2010.html