View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 04:53 AM   #23
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/25 - Cleveland, OH - Wolstein Center

I've seen Tool 5 times before and feel they really stepped up the live show. I was sitting to the left of the sound board and could hear and see everything perfect. I thought the sound was unbelievable, maybe a bit loud for some people's taste, but I like it that way. I could really feel the pulse of the bass and drums and I could make out all the little details too. Best sounding Tool show Ive ever been too.

Dont want to spoil anything for people who havent seen Tool this tour, but the visual experience really raised the bar on live concert experiences. Wings/10,000 took me to another world while I was listening to the song.

As far as the crowd goes, I think everyone has their own way of enjoying a show and should do so as long as their not ruining anyone elses experience. I saw them in Pitt, PA out of all places and there was some drunk guy in front of me who insisted on screeching ("Tool fucking Tool" and "Play Sober") once every minute on the minute. As much as I appreciated the fellows enthusiasm, IT would distract me when I was really getting into a particular song.
I also saw them in a moshpit and for some reason Tool didnt make me angry and I did not feel a need to throw elbows at my fellow concert goers when listening to Tool's little ditties. Personally I am awestruck for many songs and can only stand there and take it all in.

Opening band ISIS reminded me of neurosis. They where still great none the less.
OFFLINE |