View Single Post
UndertowCon46
07-15-2007, 01:16 PM

Well, unfortunately for me it looks like I got the screw job for seats based on what others are saying. Initially walking in I thought I wouldn't be able to survive, ninth row dead center stage. Amazing view. But, it ended up being the worst Tool show I've ever seen, and probably even worst concert overall.

I couldn't hear Maynard sing ANYTHING until Flood. And... the volume for everyone else was WAY low. Big Business was louder. It was so frustrating because I could see the band was giving one of their greatest shows of the tour, I just couldn't hear it. I'm so mad about it I won't even go into it.

Stick to highlites I guess:

#1: Big Business drummer Cody was the shit, both during his own set and Lateralus. #2 Only because I expect this, otherwise it'd be #1, DANNY... since I couldn't hear anything else, I designated it as DANNY time, as opposed to "I'm going to see Tool"... watched him 95 percent of the time and he is a God. #3 Flood, even not being able to hear maynard, how can somebody not get fired up with that intro #4 Lateralus jam, actually, probably higher than 4, cause holy shit that was great. And as others have mentioned, it was definately Maynard in the lab coat with trees, and he even WATERED them, it was hiliarious. Also made my night when he went up to Cody with approval, because that guy earned it. #5 Vicariously IIIIIIIIII, but I've been lucky enough to see him actually sing it three times already, so not that big of a deal.

Sick to my stomach overall at the experience, as I brought my roommate after years of talking up Tool shows only for him to say "that was it?" Certainly not Tools fault, I could murder the sound crew.

Last edited by UndertowCon46; 07-15-2007 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: was informed of correct name for BB drummer
Old 07-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/14 - Albany, NY - Times Forum Union

Well, unfortunately for me it looks like I got the screw job for seats based on what others are saying. Initially walking in I thought I wouldn't be able to survive, ninth row dead center stage. Amazing view. But, it ended up being the worst Tool show I've ever seen, and probably even worst concert overall.

I couldn't hear Maynard sing ANYTHING until Flood. And... the volume for everyone else was WAY low. Big Business was louder. It was so frustrating because I could see the band was giving one of their greatest shows of the tour, I just couldn't hear it. I'm so mad about it I won't even go into it.

Stick to highlites I guess:

#1: Big Business drummer Cody was the shit, both during his own set and Lateralus. #2 Only because I expect this, otherwise it'd be #1, DANNY... since I couldn't hear anything else, I designated it as DANNY time, as opposed to "I'm going to see Tool"... watched him 95 percent of the time and he is a God. #3 Flood, even not being able to hear maynard, how can somebody not get fired up with that intro #4 Lateralus jam, actually, probably higher than 4, cause holy shit that was great. And as others have mentioned, it was definately Maynard in the lab coat with trees, and he even WATERED them, it was hiliarious. Also made my night when he went up to Cody with approval, because that guy earned it. #5 Vicariously IIIIIIIIII, but I've been lucky enough to see him actually sing it three times already, so not that big of a deal.

Sick to my stomach overall at the experience, as I brought my roommate after years of talking up Tool shows only for him to say "that was it?" Certainly not Tools fault, I could murder the sound crew.

Last edited by UndertowCon46; 07-15-2007 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: was informed of correct name for BB drummer
OFFLINE |