View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 07:51 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Re: Tool is the Led Zepplin of our times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
I could agree with this. Although I've always taken it a huge step further and stated that I feel Tool is our generations Bach, Beethoven or Mozart. Those guys really put their minds into creating a beautiful piece of art and spent a lot of time and creativity into it. I hope Tool sticks around for awhile. Hell, skip touring if they need to and relax, just kick out a few more albums for us. Tool has changed my life and the way I view the world in so many ways and has opened my mind so much. Name any other band that uses the topics they do in such a positive light actually makes you think or dig into and learn new things searching for a glimpse of the meaning, from there you learn more and more and it's like unwrapping a never ending gift.
That was an awesome post dude. it sounds weird to have TOOL and beethoven in the same sentence, but seriously i can agree. TOOL has changed all of my views in life. Its insane to think about because they have done some much for me. Like you said, even if they have to relax and stop touring I would be ok with that. if they bring us 3 more albums (thats pushing it) after 10,000 days it would be truly awesome. And ,in that case, we are 2/3 through TOOL's wonderful career. Its something to get excited about but i doubt it. LONG LIVE TOOL.